Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Worth a watch - interesting discussion on training, zones, AI, etc. with Cody Stephenson from Trainingpeaks.
Quote | Reply

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Mar 9, 21 5:14
Quote Reply
Re: Worth a watch - interesting discussion on training, zones, AI, etc. with Cody Stephenson from Trainingpeaks. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching this in pieces as i sort my day here... but thanks for sending along.

Some great points in there.

The one that sticks out to me is "coaches just fixating on a metric" and coaching the athlete "going forward".

Vs. Understanding different metrics mean different things to different athletes prepping for different races.

In swimming, we did this at the elite level. Breaking down each race based ON THE ATHLETE, not what WE thought each athlete should do and making them all do it. But individually understanding the strengths and weaknesses and how they play a major role in the end outcome. So we STARTED with a race plan. We broke down the individual. We then created a programme of intentional practices to elicit the result that both athlete and coach are wanting.
It kept us as the staff engaged. And it always provided the answer to WHY are we doing "x". This eliminates the need to have discussions pre workout and leaving an athlete in a state of being "less than thrilled" by the workout provided.

Anyways, good stuff. Again, thanks for sharing.

http://www.theundergroundcoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Worth a watch - interesting discussion on training, zones, AI, etc. with Cody Stephenson from Trainingpeaks. [daved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I feel like there are a lot of good takeaways from this. I watched it last night, I think I'll rewatch and take some notes on the key takeaways from this. My system is down right now at work, so I'm twiddling my thumbs until I can get back on.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply