Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Worst Expensive Purchase?
Quote | Reply
Was wondering what everyones worst purchase was. Most of the expensive gear I purchased has been of high quality, and very happy with, the one exception is my polar 625X. I have never been more disapointed in a product, this was the worst purchase I ever made.
Quote Reply
Re: Worst Expensive Purchase? [SUX02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't made too many big boo-boos, but carbon drop bars are a bit of a waste. If you want a smother ride get thicker bar tape instead of wasting money on the bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I told you, I won't be able to sell it in the Slowtwitch classifieds.
Quote Reply
Re: Worst Expensive Purchase? [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it a pair of PC's?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Salsa Bandito mtn frame. They made it light, but forgot to make the seat tube stiff enough to account for the ft derailleur pushing off of it. Shifted like crap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timex Speed + Distance system.

Takes forever to 'acquire' the signals, and then looses the signal out on the road ( i think it was from high-power lines ).

Watch works fine though ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Worst Expensive Purchase? [mn_leaf_fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom will be here soon with tales of a diamond ring...and others will certainly join him...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Worst Expensive Purchase? [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, but people who have actually used their PC's very rarely think about selling them. Only one set that I could find on e-bay and he was talking about how they were essentially too hard for him.

But I do have one of those Timex Speed and Distance things that can't keep a signal if you want that. My watch part of that works real well and since the thing can't keep a signal it is useless to wear the receiver whcih makes it much lighter to use.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before my first triathlon (1/2 Iron) I bought this super hi tech insulated water bottle at the Expo. It cost like $14. As soon as I got to the 1st aid station on the bike, I realized that I would have to toss my new water bottle in order to fit the gatorade into my only bottle holder. For some reason I thought we would refill our bottles on the course. I guess that would take too long...
Quote Reply
Re: Worst Expensive Purchase? [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now THAT is a tale worth telling!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coombe pedals. They sucked and cost more than anything else out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 23-foot, twin engine, Pro-line fishing boat with hard top and walk-around cuddy cabin. Wish I had all that money back. It is realy true--A boat is a hole in the water lined with fiberglas you pour money into. As they say, the second happiest day in a boat owners life is the day you sell it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Powercranks

-----------------------------------------------------
The true Master does not wish to lead,
Nor does he wish to follow.
He only wishes to place himself
Where he is needed most.
Quote Reply