Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Woodway Desmo Slat Replacement
Quote | Reply
Hi STers,

I have a Woodway Desmo that I got second hand from one of the local fitness stores who had bought it from a fitness club bankruptcy. I got it 3 years ago, and have not really run that much on it (mainly because I only got back into more running in 2019). My son was using it for maybe 40km per week max for 4 months a year. Neither of us are that heavy (I am 140-147lbs, my son at 175 lbs or so). In any case one of the slats has a crack and if you run on it hard enough it caved below the other slats. I can jog right now at 9-10kph, but any faster and its not good when I hit that slat. At my son's weight he has given up even using it.

Originally I was going to get a technician over when this started last winter but then the pandemic took off and has not really got better at least to the point that we don't really want to have people into our house to do non essential repairs etc. with local Covid19 cases kinda accelerating through the roof.

So I am wondering if any of you have ordered replacement slats and done this yourself and if so can you do it with the tredmill on the ground without lifting and moving it because I have a few disc challenges and don't want to have to move this "TANK".

I have looked on the internet and can't find any reasonably indsutructions nor videos.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 15, 20 11:34
Quote Reply
Re: Woodway Desmo Slat Replacement [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had our older model woodway serviced not too long ago. Some of the slats were taken out for cleaning and oiling I believe. The “professional” did it, but it looked very simple to the point of I had him show me how so I could take them off without issues. It took just maybe 30seconds to a minute per slat. Assuming the same set up which I also assume has to be very close to yours......essentially take one or two off from the front of the machine when they are upside down and just coming out from the bottom. You will need one of the really long screw driver bit attachments for your drill or I guess just a long screwdriver. Once you get a few off there should be plenty of room to access the others in the same position. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Woodway Desmo Slat Replacement [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The elevation control on my woodway wasn’t working (turns out it was a faulty potentiometer). Woodway tech support was super amazing, diagnosed the problem, identified the parts I needed, sent them to me (not cheap but less than I was fearing and quite reasonable) and emailed instructions.

TLDR: just call woodway and I am sure they can hook you up with what you need at a fair cost and walk you through the process.
Quote Reply
Re: Woodway Desmo Slat Replacement [sylvius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, this is helpful and encouraging. I did not want to start taking things apart and create a disaster. I will contact Woodway directly this week to make sure I have the right tools on and and order the right parts.
Quote Reply