Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--96 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So don't go to the gym if the obstacle is getting there. Just go out your door for a walk. ;-)

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--96 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with the above! Anything is better than nothing.

I'm back after a few days offline, logged workouts and then went to the challenge only to find I wasn't a part of it. Was glad to see in this thread that I wasn't kicked out on purpose. I have now joined the new challenge and hope you guys keep me around a little longer this time. :)

Had a long couple of days with a Ragnar Relay this weekend. Have done relay races before but not a Ragnar and found it to be very strangely organized - the run leg distances seemed very disparate with some runners logging 26 miles while others had only 9 total. For those that have done Ragnars, is this wide range normal?
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--96 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
I missed yesterday :-( I can list the excuses but the fact is, I needed to get to the gym and I didn't do it. Today will be a challenge too.

I missed yesterday too. Spent most the day in bed sick. Going to go swimming this afternoon.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--96 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
So don't go to the gym if the obstacle is getting there. Just go out your door for a walk. ;-)

Good point. I just went to the grocery store and my ankle started twinging on the way IN. There goes the thought of getting on my bike being a good idea. Pretty sure the cost on that would just be too high. Although, with 10 days until surgery, I think I will ride next weekend as a last hurrah since it won't matter if I can walk afterwards or not!

I am stuck working, but will try to go for a short walk or two to enjoy this beautiful day. It's 75 and sunny outside. The sun feels amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--96 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Made it to the pool which means I must EAT ALL THE THINGS!

Had planning on my run/walk routine but when I looked in the window to the pool there was no one in it! Of course by the time I changed and got in there were 2 people but I got my own lane! So relaxing.

Elapsed time on my Garmin says 28 minutes but swim time 21. Dumbass forgot to restart her watch after stopped to adjust her goggles.

Low yardage for the time according to Garmin but I did 250 kick which always adds a few minutes. Yeah, that's it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was not feeling it, but forced myself on the trainer and pulled out the dumbbells. I'm always glad to get it down afterwards, but the struggle to get started is ridiculously hard sometimes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Made it to the pool which means I must EAT ALL THE THINGS!

Don't you know it. And the colder the water, the more I must eat! (There's a Fall HIM\IM that I do where I literally strap "egg muffins" on my bike handlebars to scarff down because the swim is so cold I'm ravenous by the time I get to T1.) That's why I never lose weight only swimming.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too get super hungry after swimming. I find if I have a choco milk pretty much right after, then I tend to eat less/less junk later. When I was swimming masters at 5:30am, there was a small group of us that would get breakie afterwards - lattes with croissants. Some days I miss those swim sessions :-)

Yesterday, I was hoping to swim as well, but the weather was nice enough to keep me & K out with the dog for 90min walking, and then later, after she finished her homework, she wanted to go to the park and throw the football around! I grew up playing football so for me this was like music to my ears...

I have to say, it's nice to read how all the womens are being much more conscious about doing any activity... it's all good stuffs!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--98 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Entered on the challenges page

4/4 - ran 6.43 miles
4/5 - ran 12 miles
4/6 - walked 15 minutes

I'm running Boston on 4/21 and then not sure what is next. Need to get back to lifting, swimming and biking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swimming is so weird that way - it happens to me too. And not just lane swimming. Going to the pool with my son & splashing around seems to be enough.

I was bad yesterday - very bad. I rode my MTB. It was so nice out & my son had his Strider bike and I wanted to play too. Once around the block & then another 20 min of coasting/waiting for the kid. My back didn't hurt at all. Today it's a little more stiff/sore, but that might be work related, so I'm sticking with that. Still debating whether or not to lie to physio about it....

I need to log my stuff. I've been keeping track, but it crashes everytime I try & log so I got annoyed & stopped.

*edit*

Tried to log again & it crashed.

April 3 - 20 min physio exercises (wall squats with ball, hamstring exercise & 5 min of balance)
April 4 - ^^
April 5 - 30min playing outside (some snow/ice removal, ball hockey)
April 6 - MTB ride 5min plus another 20 min of riding/walking with my son
Last edited by: edbikebabe: Apr 7, 14 10:09
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--96 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Never lie to the physio....
2) About the crashing, try a different computer. That worked for someone else.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was joking about the physio part - it's just funny that I felt like I was getting away with something naughty by riding.

No dice on the iPad or my work computer. I might have to fire up the home laptop...
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--96 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got in a 20 minute run/walk. I broke my PT's rule and ran outside instead of on the treadmill. It was the first day of really beautiful weather. 68* and no clouds. I wasn't going to do my run in the gym!!

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a great pic, Jen. No wonder you decided to run outside.

I logged my first workout yesterday. Just a walk, but it was an hour, so that was good. I just got home from my trip, so my 100 days started yesterday. See if I can get it done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful, Jen.

After the marathon Sunday I'm sure I'm going to be struggling to meet my minimum, but hopefully I'll keep with it. I'm usually pretty bad about keeping some kind of maintenance program up when there's a lot of time between races. If I could keep up my fitness, I wouldn't have to lose weight AND try to get fit at the same time. My favorite thing to do, haha!

Today I have a run on schedule.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--96 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [Champalada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My PT really beat me up this morning so I did the 20 minute treadmill run/walk with him and called it a day. My leg muscles are so sore right now, tomorrow will be a swim day.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've decided the really good PTs are sadists at heart.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm wiped out from a crazy day at work but I'll do at least a walk. A swim might be too much if the pool is full.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--96 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [Champalada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'd think that after months of 2-3 hour training sessions that getting motivated for an hour of work would be motivating, but no. Still hard to get started.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ended up coming home and doing some intro to yoga videos. My nutritionist recommended a site: http://www.yogaglo.com. Great videos with all ranges of abilities. They have cycling specific routines as well.

Does yoga make anyone else nauseous? I always feel sick to my stomach during then after for a while.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
I ended up coming home and doing some intro to yoga videos. My nutritionist recommended a site: http://www.yogaglo.com. Great videos with all ranges of abilities. They have cycling specific routines as well.

Does yoga make anyone else nauseous? I always feel sick to my stomach during then after for a while.
Jen, yoga is like swimming, you're not suppose to eat for an hour before. Or at least that's what the instructor in my college yoga class said.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--96 days left--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't. I intentionally had an empty stomach. It happens to me whenever I try it.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had my pre-op appointment for next week's surgery. I've been very stressed due to work, BP was 140/97. WHOA.

My BP did quiet down a bit to more normal levels, but at my acupuncture appointment last night I couldn't calm down or stop shaking. I haven't been sleeping well and have also been in a lot of pain. I got some new exercises at PT yesterday also that are really interesting, but the sucky thing about unjamming my ankle is that now the bones slide around and get stuck. It's a good place to be in for surgery, but it absolutely sucks for trying to get around.

I'm freaking out a lot about the surgery. I've only had my wisdom teeth done. While I am utterly confident in the surgeon I am more afraid that they will find something unexpected that will prolong my recovery, or that I will get sick in the next few days, or all kinds of other "I've waited forever for this surgery and what if it can't happen" types of things.

Please talk me off a ledge.
Last edited by: katcycles: Apr 11, 14 2:07
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP! [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, those last couple of days before surgery can be the worst. Maybe it's a good thing that you have work to keep you focused on something else.

Maybe think of it like a long course race? It may suck now but you know it will come to an end. And there are only so many things between now and the end that you can control--and that's mostly your attitude and how you take care of yourself. Like a race, worrying about the things you cannot control is a waste of time and energy that you will need to get to the finish.

Off the ledge yet?

Quote Reply

Prev Next