Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
CP78 wrote:
Where is the pic of the first body part hitting the line? That pic shows after.

That's not after. That is the official finish pic. Look at the red line. It is hitting Spirig at the hips/stomach. The red line has not yet crossed Norden's chest. It looks like it on first glance but there is a slight gap between the line and her chest.

http://www.triathlon.org/...n_rules_20120215.pdf

See rule 6.2. Hips shouldn't matter. It's torso, just like t&f. How is Norden not the champ? Maybe we need to see photo from other side.

Don't lose your dinosaur.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [DinoTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened to Jorgenson?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DinoTri wrote:
logella wrote:
CP78 wrote:

That's not after. That is the official finish pic. Look at the red line. It is hitting Spirig at the hips/stomach. The red line has not yet crossed Norden's chest. It looks like it on first glance but there is a slight gap between the line and her chest.

See rule 6.2. Hips shouldn't matter. It's torso, just like t&f. How is Norden not the champ? Maybe we need to see photo from other side.

---

So the people who wrote the rules and enforce the rules and are there in London to check and re-check the photo are wrong?I guess they should have waited until ST made the decision before handing out the medals..;-)

I seriously love this place!!!

---
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
DinoTri wrote:
logella wrote:
CP78 wrote:

---

So the people who wrote the rules and enforce the rules and are there in London to check and re-check the photo are wrong?I guess they should have waited until ST made the decision before handing out the medals..;-)

I seriously love this place!!!

---

I don't doubt the officials enforced the rule correctly, just suggesting we need to see a clearer photo for it to make sense. Plus there seemed to be confusion on what the actual photo finish rule was, especially if you were watching NBC coverage in States, announcers were clueless.

Don't lose your dinosaur.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I seriously love and hate this place ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The photo finish pic is pretty convincing to me but the problem is that the finish banner and the Norden's uniform are exactly the same colour and that may be throwing a few people...Save the pic to your computer and them blow it up and it becomes more obvious.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
logella wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:
Still think it was norden

If she only had larger ....

jodie swallow would've won it

-mike

Joelle Franzmann!

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [hectorguatemala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who swam right into the red buoy? Seemed large enough to notice, but wham right into it. Maybe work on her sighting in the next 4 years!
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [gilabruce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gilabruce wrote:

Bike issues - over 5 min down starting the run.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, she seemed to be in good position after the swim - right in the main pack.

What a gutsy run by Groff! I was sure she was done - that surge was clutch.

If I watch the replay, I'll make a drinking game out of how often the commentator called Norden "The Norwegian". Haven't read the full thread, but it didn't sound like both ITU guys were in the booth, right?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not replying to anyone in particular, but why was there such little drafting by the lead group? The women seemed to be riding their own lines and swerving around.

Why not work together more?

-- Aaron Davidson
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wondered that as well. I don't know for sure, but I bet Lucy Hall was supposed to slow that pack up. Seems like it would have been in Bennett and everyone else's best interests to work together. I'd say maybe the other cyclists weren't strong enough, but I suppose if you're strong enough to bike in a pack, you're strong enough to bike in a paceline!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
gilabruce wrote:

Bike issues - over 5 min down starting the run.

Flat tire. Boy, what a race to have that happen.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wet roads - riders not comfortable with rooster tail in the face, longer, uncertain stopping distance?
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [Russellt484] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Russellt484 wrote:
Does anyone know of #NBCfail is going to re-air the race? The second I turned on my TV this morning they spoiled the finish, but id like to watch the race...

Go to nbcolympics.com and you can watch any race or event after logging in with your cable service. I just finished watching it from start to finish

http://train4autism.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As reported by the Globe and Mail

"

Norden also thought she had won and raised her arms in the air.
“I hoped maybe I just got my chest out there,” she said. “Guess I need bigger boobs for next year.” "

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [stuartaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was up with that swim? So Duffey than every race I've watched on ITU TV

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was mentioned in the cycling road race thread.... The experts are not covering the race.... It's some amateur company, different camera angles, different producer, different timing, different commentary.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
As reported by the Globe and Mail

"

Norden also thought she had won and raised her arms in the air.
�I hoped maybe I just got my chest out there,� she said. �Guess I need bigger boobs for next year.� "

CLASSIC!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [kennyDalglish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joelle Franzmann :)
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [hectorguatemala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was unable to watch, just picked some NBC videos.

Sorry, can someone explain why road bikes? too many turns?

PS that brutal turn where everyone crashed. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
The photo finish pic is pretty convincing to me but the problem is that the finish banner and the Norden's uniform are exactly the same colour and that may be throwing a few people...Save the pic to your computer and them blow it up and it becomes more obvious.

--

I still don't understand - Norden's head does not count? What bodypart is the one that is the winner - chest/abs/hips?
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:

--

I still don't understand - Norden's head does not count? What bodypart is the one that is the winner - chest/abs/hips?

No its chest, hence why runners try to lean into the tape.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great race, but I don't know about NBC announcer Steve Shwanger (sp)? The guy needs to stop talking about Erin Denshan's heart problems when we're about 900 yds from the finish. Oh yeah, someone tell he it's Triathlon, not Triathalon.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's London Olympics /live (spoiler**) [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:

--

No its chest, hence why runners try to lean into the tape.

If you watch the finish in HD slo-mo, you can see Spirig's upper body hit the ribbon and the impact wave travels toward Norden who hits the ribbon 0.01 sec. later.

res, non verba
Quote Reply

Prev Next