Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wlimington Tri or Cycling Groups?
Quote | Reply
I'm heading down to the beach for a couple weeks in August, right around peak training for a long course tri (will be down there Aug 3-17, triathlon is September 21.) I'd love to find a group to do some long rides with, as well as any organized open water swims. I saw that BikeFest Century is the first Saturday I'm there, however, I don't really want to drive 3 hours. Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Wlimington Tri or Cycling Groups? [zenetanar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wilmington NORTH CAROLINA, by the way. Not Delaware. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a couple ideas for you for your rides. First off, leaving from a LBS on Tuesday and Thursday nights is by far the best and fastest group ride in town.

Ride leaves BikeCycles at 615. I would get there around 6. Ride last about 25 miles. We ride out to a 5 mile loop and do four laps. First lap is relatively tame. Last three are all out 25ish range. Some nights can be faster depending how many strong riders show up. Group of usually about 20-25.

Second option also leaves from BikeCycles on Sunday mornings. Tends to be a longer ride. 3+ hours usually at around a 21+ mph average.

Call the shop if you need more details. We would love to have you join in

910-256-2545
Ask for Patrick. But if I am not working somebody else will be more than happy to help you out

If you have any other ?'s send me a PM

Quote Reply
Re: Wlimington Tri or Cycling Groups? [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tips! I am not that fast - my HIM was 2:54 last year for the bike (in my defense, I'm a girl. And I have a Felt S32. Excuses, excuses.) BUT maybe I can make it a goal to keep up with you four weeks from now. Or at least see you in the far off distance....
Last edited by: zenetanar: Jul 12, 13 19:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tues/thurs rides usually split off into different groups of varying speed.

Quote Reply