Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer - DONE baby!
Quote | Reply

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Oct 16, 05 19:52
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I'll be your partner in crime

It's raining (or about to) here, and I'm going to do 4.5 hours on the trainer (equal to 100 on the road) in a little bit

- Gary
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enjoy it Andy, we just got back from a 65 mile ride to and from a hillclimb. Kind of excessive for a race that lsted 3 1/2 minutes but it was a good group ride and finished with a 10 minute ferry ride and a cruise along the prom observing the 10 mph limit. Off for a Thai Red curry for refuelling. Ain't life grand ;-0

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My God, that's a long time to stare at a basement wall! How do you plan to keep your sanity? DVD's?TV? I tried this this past summer when my wife was away and I had the kids to myself for several days.I lost my marbles ( and all feeling in my crotch) after 2.5 hours.Let me know your tricks as I may have to do this again in the future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you rent some good DVD's or Tivo some shows? That's the only way I can go over 3 hours. Check if Discover channel or History has something interesting on. Last week, Parko, PI, got me through 2.5 hours. Have fun!

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [runboorun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [sgardner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crash videos, MP3, vivid imagination. One tip is no tear jerker movies; its hard to keep your cadence up when you're sobbing :-).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are nuts ! 100 inside! give me rain and wind .

Thom I will pray for you .ha ha
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [dirtball!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck with that. I hate the trainer. My personal record is two Spinervals DVDs in a row then my mind went numb.
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GT--Thanks for that link. I have a monitor right in front of the CT, and this will be a nice break when HBO lets me down (most times), and it is an "endurance
session".

Got any other good ".TV" channels are there around?
Last edited by: Monk: Oct 16, 05 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, I love that site

since I dont own a TV (they are evil), makes for good trainer workout distractions
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [grumpy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude, i'm lucky if i make it through half a spinerval DVD!
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [J-$$] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Andypants...100 miles on a trainer sounds boring...I do wish you luck and fun...

S
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i thought you said you liked the trainer!!! =)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh Ms. AndyPants I hope you made it. I managed a run (a first in a long time) in this wonderful but warm rain.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're nuts!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I would do is go into a room with no windows, no outside light, no TV, no radio no nothing...start riding and turn off the lights....six hours later you walk out 5 pounds lighter and look as if you just walked from the jungle....fun...(yes I have done this)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you follow that up with posting on slowtwitch record? :P
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for you, K, glad to hear you're back out there...

To all, thanks, your thoughts came through loud and clear as I did my 5h30min ride on the trainer, with 3hrs solid in the big ring, and with only one 3min break to reload my water/gatorade bottles and a quick pee. Glad I rode inside too, it was DISGUSTING outside for my 30min off-bike run. BLECH! Even stranger, in an effort to fake some "heat", I rode under the furnace vent and wore a toque and long sleeve jersey. Am I insane? Apparently so.

How did I do it? MP3 player loaded up with kick-ass tunes. Solving math problems in my head, like pacing. Coming up with a crazy idea to have my friends and family sign my bike (aerobars, stem, seatpost and fork) so I can read their messages while racing). Oh yeah and thinking about breathing and scraping mud/rolling the barrel.

I figure if I can handle this training, mentally, then I can handle the three loop bike course ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is AWESOME!!! It's got to be WAY for mentally grueling doing 5:30 alone on a trainer than doing an IM course with changing scenery and people.

You just won a huge mental battle!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer - DONE baby! [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STUD

Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer - DONE baby! [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
STUD(ette)
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer - DONE baby! [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank yah, thank yah very much... The cold beer in my hand tastes pretty fine I must say.

So now I've got to spray paint the Profile Design logo off my aerobars to give folks room to sign, I think I'll get one of those super-perma silver pens. Any one have any ideas on what I should do about my fork (carbon)? Should I just get them to sign then spray a coat of clear over it?

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer - DONE baby! [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stud is non-gender based. she is a stud.

Re: Wish me luck - about to do 100mi on the trainer<end> [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recall a Lon Haldeman story of how he would train for RAAM by riding the rollers in his garage for 8 hours...in the dark!
Quote Reply

Prev Next