Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time?
Quote | Reply
I have Vetta V100s on my road and tri bikes. I like the functionality and the look. But the wireless cadance is very hard to keep working. I get it going and then mid way through a ride it stops.

Maybe it is b/c I'm tall and it is a long way for the signal to go. Or maybe it is b/c I live and train in NYC and there are lots of other signals floating around. Or maybe it is b/c the V100 is not ready for prime time.

Is anyone else having same/less/more luck?
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [JHESEE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, same problem here. I finally went back to my old wired Cateye Astrale. I never knew when it was going to work.

Aloha,

Larry
Last edited by: LarryM96815: Nov 14, 05 13:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Polar 200 works great. No probs yet!
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [LarryM96815] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes, same problem here. I finally went back to my old wired Cateye Astrale. I never knew when itwas oging to work.

Aloha,

Larry
Same here... threw the crappy Vetta away and went to the Astrale and voila, no problems on any of the bikes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the Vetta wireless as well but switched to the Cateye double wireless and it has never been a problem for me. The Vetta worked initially for me but then I started having the cadence problems you are having. I tried adjusting the cadence unit and replacing the batteries but nothing worked. I also didn't like the tabs on the Vetta where the zip ties go through because they were flimsy and you could easily over torque and break the two pick-up units. The Cateye does have an enormous all in one speed/cadence unit, but it's well constructed and easy to set-up, adjust, and replace batteries.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto on the Cateye Double wireless, mine works great. Haven't had a problem. I think the model # is something like CD300DW.

I like it a lot.

</*I'm not slow, I'm a better than average Clydesdale*\>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vetta is terible, terrible, terrible, and in a word terrible. I had one and sent it back twice. Went to Cateye double wireless and it works fine. Seems to get some weird readings briefly if humid, but works 95% of the time. Vetta worked about 10%.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure how the Vetta V100 does with cadance...but with cadence, I know it works well ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [Target74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this CatEye, as well. I can't compare it to any other wireless system, but I can say that the signal interferes with my Polar HRM. The Polar watch reading is what gets messed up, not the computer, though. I have to move my hands off the aerobars, further away from the computer, in order to get an accurate HR reading on the Polar watch. It's sort of a pain, but I'm not buying another computer or HRM right now, so I'm putting up with it. But, this is something worth considering for anyone buying wireless: make sure that your HRM doesn't interfere!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think someone on other posts talked about a way to change the frequency of one or the other so they don't interfere.....

</*I'm not slow, I'm a better than average Clydesdale*\>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
could never get the VEtta cadence to work either. Polar cs200cad works perfectly and the computer is a LOT nicer and a better deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the cs200cad as well. Bought the extra speep and cadence sensor, now all I have to do is switch the comp from bike to bike. works awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe this is a dumb question - but why does anyone need cadence? I need a new computer for my bike, and wondering if I should bother with it. I never really use it, and have a good enough idea of what my cadence is and whether I should be in another gear.

Am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [Lamar Latrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got it because it is COOL. And I cant count that high or do math well, so its easier for me. Besides, gives me something to play with while I am riding! And the polar cs200cad has HR,,,dont forget that!
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [Lamar Latrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cadance with HR is what I care about for training and for racing. More than speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you get an extra mount from Polar? I need to call them about that...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My polar gets finicky around electircal wires, but works OK.
The Astrale on my road bike works great. Just have to remember to wipe the contacts after I ride in the rain. WD40 works great.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will a Polar cs200cad cadence sensor mount easily on an fram with an aero seat tube and aero down tube, e..g a Soloist? It looks from the manual as if it is designed to be mounted on a round tube. Is it the same shape as the Polar speed sensor that goes on the forks?

Thanks

Vernon
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless cadance - not ready for prime time? [Vernon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new cadence sensors are a lot nicer than the older models. So if you buy a computer check which version is included. I have mine mounted on my P3sl downtube so you should be okay on a Soloist. It looks kind of funny sticking out but is rock solid.
Quote Reply