Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wingspan Aero helmet?
Quote | Reply
I am thinking about getting the new Rudy Project Wingspan aero lid. Anybody with one? Feedback?

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: Wingspan Aero helmet? [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the Wingspan was my first and so far only aero helmet. I like quite a bit. It's suprisingly light and has excellent ventilation. I've heard some complain that certain sunglasses don't fit well but I haven't have any problems with Rudy Ekynox.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it fits (it comes in 1 size) it is very nice. A couple of options of vent configuration, short tail, light-- a pretty good helmet.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode in the Giro Advantage II before, and now have a Wingspan. Definitely like the Wingspan better. Lightweight, comfortable, easily adjustable. I recommend it.
Quote Reply
Re: Wingspan Aero helmet? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked one up to use in Kona this year and it was awesome. The ventilation (if you choose to open the vents) is excellent, which is worth considering if you're racing in hot/humid conditions.

I also like the fact that it has a short tail, as I tend to look down often. Very comfortable, too.

VALÄ’RE | YouTube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just make sure you don't have a big head before you order one. I ordered one and could only get it to rest *on top* of my head rather than slide it on over my ears, etc. At least RP has a good return policy.

Quote | Reply
Anybody have any issues using Oakley Radar with Wingspan - just wondering - thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Wingspan Aero helmet? [doall3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Radar and Radar XL work fine with this helmet on my melon.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mostly the same thoughts as the others (lightweight, pretty good ventilation), but I do have one complaint: the plastic strap adjustment clips (the ones under your ears) are way too fragile. I never really adjusted them but both completely fell apart. It's not such a big deal since a bit of tape works just as well, but it was a little disappointing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First race with the Wingspan yesterday and I am super happy I made the switch. Great helmet, super comfortable and great ventilation. I used to wear the LG rocket - I wish I would of always had the Wingspan.
Quote Reply
Re: Wingspan Aero helmet? [DaveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the good info. My head circumfrence is 62cm, so I will have to find another option. How about the Specialized! Others?

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply