Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will there be an upgrade to the Garmin 935?
Quote | Reply
My Garmin 920 is showing it's age. The battery life is much shorter and I'm noticing upload issues among other problems. Any idea if Garmin will be releasing a new multisport watch before next summer? The Fenix 5 plus looks nice but so expensive. The 935 is now on sale but I really like the idea of music on board so I'd wait a few months if there's a chance we'll see something in the next few months.
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be an upgrade to the Garmin 935? [Cornboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the 635 they released earlier this year was the upgrade with the music capabilities and all. I think it was the 635.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fenix is awesome I also own a 935.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be an upgrade to the Garmin 935? [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ray Maker on 11/9/18:

I suspect the FR935 is due for an update sometime. Though, historically Garmin hasn’t done the Forerunner triathlon series updates at CES (January). So I doubt that soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be an upgrade to the Garmin 935? [avatar78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the music ability i find the Fenix is slight update. The 935 and the Fenix are both near perfect can’t really think what else they could add.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be an upgrade to the Garmin 935? [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spartan420 wrote:
I thought the 635 they released earlier this year was the upgrade with the music capabilities and all. I think it was the 635.

645 came out earlier this year (Announced Jan). 645 is regular top end running watch, 645M with music. Both released the same day.
630 came out 4Q 2015
620 4Q 2013
610 2Q 2011

935 1Q 2017
920 3Q 2014
910 Announced 3Q 2011, came out 1Q 2012

Take away #1 - By OP's subject line, asking if there will be an upgrade to the 935 is like asking if there will be new cars in 2019.
#B - 9xx trail 6xx by about 1 year. That would put the 945 ETA early next year.
I : 9xx have a 2-3 year life span. That would put the 945 ETA between CES 2019 and CES 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should have asked WHEN will they release the 935 upgrade (945 or similar). AFAIK there's no quick release on the Fenix series but it has everything else I'd like to have in my watch. I'm not sure of exact release dates but 935 and Fenix 5 were out within a few months of each other.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure the fenix 5 is $150 off right now. check out dcrainmaker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But then the 5+ series came out with some fixes and the addition of music. Music by the way sucks the life out of the battery like you would not believe. I’d be surprised if the 935 upgrade that will hit the streets next year does not have music.

I just wish Garmin would go back to the basics and let us have a sports watch. Not a watch that is trying to be all things to all people and ending up being of little use to anyone. There’s a reason for the saying ‘Keep It Simple Stupid’ K.I.S.S

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be an upgrade to the Garmin 935? [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would hope they didn't do that. Their top tier Forerunner is sitting in a great spot as is right now. It doesn't have the connectivity issues of the Fenix series, and while thats been improved upon on the F5+ I hear GPS is still not up there with the FR935. Less bulky too. So just keep things as it is and give us a new top tier FR every 1,5-2years with all the newest stuff they've got. Its not like anyone is forcing people to use all of the features, you can just use whatever you need.
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be an upgrade to the Garmin 935? [surrey85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me at least, the 920XT is still the best Tri watch out there. Simple, clean and easy to use. That should be the benchmark. I have a 5+S as well as a 935. It is bulkier. It does work as well as the 935. But it still is not as good as the 920.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be an upgrade to the Garmin 935? [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When my 920xt dies (hopefully a while yet), I'll buy another one.
I prefer it over the 935 for the fenix. Shape and size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat with needing a watch. My old vivoactive was broke during a pool swim so I have been watchless for two weeks. Believe it or not, after having a "smart" watch for the past 3 years I have been feeling off not having something on my wrist. I was thinking of upgrading prior, but didn't have a rush since I had a watch. I like the 935 and its at a better price point than the fenix, but I would really love to have the choice to have music for those runs at night when its cold and rainy so its a toss between the 5+ and 935. I am looking to do more open water next year so the vivo3 doesn't cut it, but it would work. Im just curious if there will be an actual black friday or cyber monday sale because while the 150 off the 5+ is enticing, I am worried that there might be something better next week.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply