Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will my Axis Sport 10 speed wheels allow for a 11 speed cassette?
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I just purchased a 2018 Specialized Roubaix and it has Axis sport wheels on it. The group set is a 10 group. I may be swapping out to a 11 speed group set but don't know if my wheels can accept a 11 speed cassette? I hope someone knows.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Will my Axis Sport 10 speed wheels allow for a 11 speed cassette? [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t know about those specific wheels, but i’ve seen other Axis wheels on 10 speed Specializeds which had 11 speed compatible free-hubs.

Suppoedly, the newest Tiagra (4700) rear derailleur has the same leverage ratio as the Shimano 11 speed sets. If that’s so, and you want to upgrade to 11 speed on the cheap, you should be able to do it with only a cassette, chain, and right brifter.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Nov 24, 18 8:06
Quote Reply
Re: Will my Axis Sport 10 speed wheels allow for a 11 speed cassette? [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Search the site. There are threads about the Edco monoblock or reasonably priced machined 11sp cassettes that will let you run 11 on 10sp hubs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take the cassette off of your rear wheel and look at the freehub body.
Quote Reply
Re: Will my Axis Sport 10 speed wheels allow for a 11 speed cassette? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't be ridiculous, actual inspection should be the last route taken.
Quote Reply