Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will Trainerroad work with old cycelops fluid trainer + speed/cadence sensor?
Quote | Reply
I'm about to sign up for a trainerroad membership but I am not sure if my trainer is compatible with virtual power. I have a speed/cadence sensor, but my trainer is not listed under the supported models list. Here is the trainer I have:

http://toronto.canadianlisted.com/...nd-hill_3200161.html

So am I out of luck without a newer trainer or power meter?
Quote Reply
Re: Will Trainerroad work with old cycelops fluid trainer + speed/cadence sensor? [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your trainer is not listed by Trainerroad as a supported trainer, then YES, you are out of luck.

Do you have a friend with a power meter? If you do, you could get in touch with the trainer road guys and find out how to do a power curve test with your trainer and a power meter. They could then put together a power curve for you.

BTW, $225 for that old boat anchor is nuts.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Trainerroad work with old cycelops fluid trainer + speed/cadence sensor? [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine was not supported but their customer service was top notch. They reran my initial threshold test through various trainers until they came up with something that looked close. It might not be exact but it's fepeatsble and that's what's important.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Trainerroad work with old cycelops fluid trainer + speed/cadence sensor? [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:

This. Unless the CAD has tanked recently, that things worth about a hundred bucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Trainerroad work with old cycelops fluid trainer + speed/cadence sensor? [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VGT wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:

This. Unless the CAD has tanked recently, that things worth about a hundred bucks.

++ Yes - plus that trainer has seen some action. Look at the touch point - it is totally ground down.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Trainerroad work with old cycelops fluid trainer + speed/cadence sensor? [Saundo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used my fluid 2 with speed/cadence sensor last year and it worked well. But I'm agreeing with others on this thread that the particular trainer shown looks worn. Likelihood that it fits the power/resistance curves Trainerroad uses are less likely. Still probably worth working with TR support.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Trainerroad work with old cycelops fluid trainer + speed/cadence sensor? [albertsonrm1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is not my exact trainer and I certainly am not planning to pay or have paid $225 for it. I just performed a web search to show a picture of the trainer I have. I paid $60 for mine and it looks much less worn.
Quote Reply