Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff?
Quote | Reply
Currently signed up for 70.3 Wisconsin but I was considering swapping to the full. I’ve emailed Ironman but haven’t heard back. Anyone know if they’ll allow me to swap to the 140.6 and just pay the difference? Both races are currently open.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With Ironman customer service, it's best to just expect the worst, that way you'll never be disappointed.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Currently signed up for 70.3 Wisconsin but I was considering swapping to the full. I’ve emailed Ironman but haven’t heard back. Anyone know if they’ll allow me to swap to the 140.6 and just pay the difference? Both races are currently open.

No.

Rule #3 in the Transfer Policy:
3. IRONMAN 70.3 entries are only eligible to transfer to IRONMAN 70.3 distance events.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Highly unlikely that they would do that normally but if the full is not sold out it is worth a shot emailing them and asking.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
With Ironman customer service, it's best to just expect the worst, that way you'll never be disappointed.
Ain’t that the truth. I learned this year that any terms you agree to with IM aren’t worth a damn thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Ironman did this for me in when they cancelled Victoria 70.3 (COVID). I didn't care for the 70.3 transfer options so I emailed Ironman, asking for entry into IM Canada and offering to pay the balance. They responded by email, approved it, gave me a new link to active.com and in the end, I had a great time in Penticton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just do both. You get a special 210.9 finishers medal.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:
Ain’t that the truth. I learned this year that any terms you agree to with IM aren’t worth a damn thing.

This always has been an example of an idiotic policy that is against their own self-interest.

The new CEO should come on here, and solicit feedback on all the crappy stuff his company does. Doubt he is hearing a lot of good ideas from Messick holdovers.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [STRINATION] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STRINATION wrote:

The hardest of passes on that lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In most cases IM would gladly take your money + some extra fees (kinda like Ticketmaster) but I'd be disinclined to think they'd do so in this particular case

No harm in asking, though

Personally, I'd stick with what I've been training for and doing well, vs. doubling the distance and failing miserably

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well…I’m either gonna do Ironman Wisconsin or Chattanooga 3 weeks later so I’ll be in shape for it
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:

This always has been an example of an idiotic policy that is against their own self-interest.

The new CEO should come on here, and solicit feedback on all the crappy stuff his company does. Doubt he is hearing a lot of good ideas from Messick holdovers.

Soliciting feedback from ST would be one of the worst mistakes anyone could make.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calvin386 wrote:
Waingro wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:

Soliciting feedback from ST would be one of the worst mistakes anyone could make.

ST would give some “feedback” alright. Lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be.... interesting.

I wouldn't trust 90% of comments on ST about tire choice, let alone how to run a nearly-billion-dollar business.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calvin386 wrote:

LOL!
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [STRINATION] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STRINATION wrote:

You laugh but last year when I was signed up for ironman Tulsa they kept emailing me trying to get me to sign up for the 70.3 on the same day there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:

Turns out the answer is yes, they will let you "upgrade" from the 70.3 to the full. I emailed them and they sent me an active.com link for the price difference so I'm now registered for Ironman Wisconsin instead of the 70.3. Pretty pumped, as its the only IM that will work with my schedule this year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

Turns out the answer is yes, they will let you "upgrade" from the 70.3 to the full. I emailed them and they sent me an active.com link for the price difference so I'm now registered for Ironman Wisconsin instead of the 70.3. Pretty pumped, as it's the only IM that will work with my schedule this year!

Congrats! You'll love it! I live there so if you need anything let me know.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [GaryGeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GaryGeiger wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

Turns out the answer is yes, they will let you "upgrade" from the 70.3 to the full. I emailed them and they sent me an active.com link for the price difference so I'm now registered for Ironman Wisconsin instead of the 70.3. Pretty pumped, as it's the only IM that will work with my schedule this year!

Congrats! You'll love it! I live there so if you need anything let me know.

Thanks! Did my first IM in Chattanooga last year and Wisconsin has big shoes to fill! I absolutely loved Chattanooga.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do not believe so. If they hypothetically would allow, they would not return your email or inquiry to facilitate the change. Ironman's service organization went into the toilet a handful of years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Ironman let me switch from 70.3 Wisconsin to the 140.6 and pay the diff? [Schonner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do allow
Quote Reply