Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will 2015 P3 fit Di2 internal battery?
Quote | Reply
I'm having a 2015 P3 built up for me and am being told that the only way to work the ultegra di2 battery is on the external bottom bracket mount.

Please help me avoid this unsightly fate.

Is there any way I can convince my LBS to fit the battery internally?

Seems like there should be given it's internal on the S5 which has essentially the same seatpost...
Quote Reply
Re: Will 2015 P3 fit Di2 internal battery? [AGTC1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The S5 doesn't hold the internal battery in the seatpost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can rig the battery to fit into the seatpost by any of several means. I quick search of this forum will find you a few suggestions. I just mixed up some sugro and stuck into the seatpost. removing it after that would be more of a chore ;)

reminds me..... I need to check battery level, been a few months
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is in the seatpost. It is not an official solution though. More just wedged in there with 2 layers of electrical tape over it. Haven't had an issue yet
Quote Reply
Re: Will 2015 P3 fit Di2 internal battery? [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easier to get unstuck than Jeffs solution as well. But I love sugru after my escapades with it this weekend and it may be an ok option here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you say "built up" what do you mean?

Are you buying, straight up, a "2015 P3 6870?"

Because that bike comes with the "external" battery. From Cervelo.

As an option, you can figure out any number of places to stuff the "internal" battery. But the LBS would need to "take back"

1 x external battery
1 x short battery mount
1 x external battery charger
1 x external battery charger power cord
Quote Reply
Re: Will 2015 P3 fit Di2 internal battery? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Built up as it not buying complete bike. Buying frame & all other components separately (half from shop includes ultegra di2; half have on hand).

Have seen a few references in older threads (most of which implied you'd need to go custom wiring with calfee or otherwise do some unique wiring work--neither of which i think an official cervelo dealer will find palatable) but searching didn't find me anything definitive--hence this thread. sorry if i'm missing something.

sounds like regular way standard ultegra di2 wiring with a internal seatpost battery will work on the P3 and I should just argue back at the LBS--agree?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fair point--it's in the downtube. missed that detail!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea they should have no problem doing that, it's a just a question of the best place to put it. Jeff and Zach both have good solutions above. There is no "stock" way that I'm aware of and I'm fairly aware.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
many thanks guys. i'll get back on the line with them and try to argue with them into "sticking" it in there by any means necessary :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fitted an internal battery into the seatpost of my 2014 P3. I wrapped the battery in a thick piece of plastic bag, leaving about 3/4" of the battery exposed. I then used a couple of small cable ties which i placed around the battery, tightened up and cut off the excess plastic. The ties had the locking 'mechanism' located opposite to eachother. I then placed the battery in the seatpost and squirted that foam filler in a can stuff into the seatpost. When it is dry just trim off the excess filler. The plastic bag will stop the foam 'eating' into the battery (on the off chance it reacts with the battery casing) and the cable ties, when bonded into the foam, will stop the battery sliding out of the foam if you hit any big bumps. Mine is working fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI, for the P2 (I have a 2017 or 2018) you can use the Pinarello F8 / F10 aero seatpost Di2 battery internal mount. *At least with my EPS battery.

- Jimm
Last edited by: CicliAmericano: Nov 14, 18 11:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use alloy extensions and stick it in there. No chance of rattling that way
Quote Reply