Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [v0coder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
v0coder wrote:
Impossible, I mean he was only measuring power on one leg.

I know, right? Sky can't possibly train correctly with a completely inaccurate powermeter.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goddammit! On a scale of 1-10, this spoiler has decreased the entertainment value and suspense of a TT from a 0.5 to perhaps a 0.4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this. I mean...there is no way I would have figured this out without you. Pat yourself on the back...well done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't put spoilers in thread titles.

a little consideration goes a long way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weird....apparently someone forgot to tell Wiggins, Malori, that triathlon guy Tollakson, etc that the folks on slowtwitch know that those short helmets are slow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at the pics at cyclingnews.com, both Wiggins and Doumalin, using the "high hands" position while Martin still using the, older "lower hands" position. Viewed from the front and the side the high hands looks more aero, but clearly the lower hands works for martin.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't verified it myself but I've heard rumors that Sky isn't using the stages in training.

If anyone finds any spy shots of recent team sky riders training, would be fascinating to confirm or deny

nightfend wrote:
v0coder wrote:
Impossible, I mean he was only measuring power on one leg.

I know, right? Sky can't possibly train correctly with a completely inaccurate powermeter.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
Weird....apparently someone forgot to tell Wiggins, Malori, that triathlon guy Tollakson, etc that the folks on slowtwitch know that those short helmets are slow!

Just be sure you get your head as low as those guys do before you go emulating their helmet.

Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was definitely racing on it though.

What ring was he using? It still looks round, but it looks pretty large. I can't find any better pictures than this one.
Last edited by: durk onion: Sep 24, 14 15:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
gibson00 wrote:

Just be sure you get your head as low as those guys do before you go emulating their helmet.

There you go ruining my fun again..... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [dwesle [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually agree with you, but I also don't think one should be angry/surprised if they do get spoiled. It happens. Plus, it's not like a TT is very suspenseful anyway :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
I haven't verified it myself but I've heard rumors that Sky isn't using the stages in training.

If anyone finds any spy shots of recent team sky riders training, would be fascinating to confirm or deny

Wiggins if very clearly using a Stages in that picture and he was quoted as saying he knew he needed to pull 470-480 watts to beat Martin, so I don't think it was for show. It's not uncommon for pro riders to be pictured on non sponsored gear (I'm sure there are sky bikes that still have SRMs on them), but not a crucial piece of equipment in arguably a racer's biggest race of the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can say fairly certainly he didn't go 470 to 480 but it was up there pretty high. Heard there was a shout out on the broadcast need to check it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Founder: BestBikeSplit
Amazonian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, absolutely they are using their sponsor gear in competition.
The rumor is that they are using SRM in training.

v0coder wrote:
jackmott wrote:

Wiggins if very clearly using a Stages in that picture and he was quoted as saying he knew he needed to pull 470-480 watts to beat Martin, so I don't think it was for show. It's not uncommon for pro riders to be pictured on non sponsored gear (I'm sure there are sky bikes that still have SRMs on them), but not a crucial piece of equipment in arguably a racer's biggest race of the year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
v0coder wrote:
jackmott wrote:

Looks like Stages being used in the TTT as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Looking at the pics at cyclingnews.com, both Wiggins and Doumalin, using the "high hands" position while Martin still using the, older "lower hands" position. Viewed from the front and the side the high hands looks more aero, but clearly the lower hands works for martin.

The U23 winner also rode with this high hands position. I postulate that once frontal area as been minimized, the goal is to get as compact a position as possible. Arms close together and as close to the body as possible. If it was possible to ride that way I'd say the optimal position would be forearms together, fists clenched under your jaw and elbows on belly button. Think egg position but with arms in the middle.

Quote | Reply
Runorama wrote:
Fleck wrote:

The U23 winner also rode with this high hands position. I postulate that once frontal area as been minimized, the goal is to get as compact a position as possible. Arms close together and as close to the body as possible. If it was possible to ride that way I'd say the optimal position would be forearms together, fists clenched under your jaw and elbows on belly button. Think egg position but with arms in the middle.

Obree's 'tuck position' that he broke the hour record with in 1993?
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
durk onion wrote:
He was definitely racing on it though.

What ring was he using? It still looks round, but it looks pretty large. I can't find any better pictures than this one.

http://cdn4.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/...4/1/sptdw705_670.jpg

Your link has an extra http:// at the end.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:

You may be mixed up, the rumour is that they are riding Trek's in training. Pina only on race day.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
durk onion wrote:
What ring was he using?

Looks like 58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
v0coder wrote:
jackmott wrote:

You may be mixed up, the rumour is that they are riding Trek's in training. Pina only on race day.

Why would they do that?
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [jajichan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jajichan wrote:
don't put spoilers in thread titles.

a little consideration goes a long way.
this
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:

Why would they do that?

Exactly
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [Mrcooper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They did give a shout out and gave a short description. Unfortunately I think they called it "bikesplit.com"... Still pretty awesome though!
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins New World TT Champion! [agg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doah.... still haven't looked. A coach might be seeing a page boost today :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Founder: BestBikeSplit
Amazonian
Last edited by: Mrcooper: Sep 24, 14 18:42
Quote Reply

Prev Next