Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. I can barely swim well enough to save my life
2. I love my family but picked the wrong parents
3. Not enough money in the world to buy the "free" speed I'd need

Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Why would I spend years training to get in a race I would lose?
2) Why would I spend my effort in something that pays worse than my day job
3) I'd rather be sleeping
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is f*$%ing depressing. Its like k-tape for bitter emotions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can think of a better vacation to spend that $5k on.
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [thebigb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) No desire to ever do a IM
2) don't want to take out a bank loan to race
3) not fast enough so 1 & 2 really don't matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you wrote, ""Strange Denizens of the Non KQ Crowd"? - nope, those who qualifier are the weirdos/outliers.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because you can't put in what God left out.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [Trinash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. If the movie "Twins" was recast with Michael Phelps in the Arnold role, I'd be Danny DeVito.
2. My meager 3.25 watts/kb ftp means a 5 hour bike leg isn't very likely
3. Did I mention I suck at swimming?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have qualified easily next week at Chattanooga, but they added 4 extra miles to the bike course and I only trained to ride 112 miles...now I have no chance...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. I have a life
2. I'm not completely psycho
3. Poor job at picking my non-athletic parents

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. I prefer spending time with my wife & family over training
2. Running more than 10 miles at a time seems a bit ludicrous to me
3. I would need a motor to make it 2.5 miles on, in, or over the water

:)

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
3. bad choice in parents.

This one is bullshit. My dad has had gastric bypass surgery and my Mom is quite overweight. Training and commitment beat genetics and laziness every time.

2 x Kona, 2012 and 2013

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. I use a training plan from Endurance Nation
2. My power meter doesn't work right
3. My swim coach just doesn't get me.
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) not competitive
2) can't be away from my partner more than five minutes or I feel empty inside
3) would rather spend money on worthy charities other than myself.
Thus, I have....
only one race suit, cotton, buttons not zipper, 1980
one speedo that I wear for the entire race, every race, and I've been told it's getting miggggtttttyyyy thin in some areas...,
one bike (aluminum Sekine from 1980),
one pair of goggles with broken lenses,
one pair of running shoes that have been replaced with waffle iron rubber 7 times - very painful,
no bike shoes - too expensive - I just use my runners and rubber bands

I'll see you in the run
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [zoomrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because i got dropped by my coach mid-season...
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [crocked_knee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crocked_knee wrote:
because i got dropped by my coach mid-season...

I've heard of that happening, you should have promoted him more.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I keep getting faster, but so does everyone else. Dicks!

I heard if I vote Democrat they may force Ironman to accept everyone because it would just be too unfair to have an event that excludes somebody. :)

Quote | Reply
1. I must need to be in the 60-64 age group since they all seem to pass me during every race.
2. I sometimes cut my morning workouts short because I get hooked on a ST thread and don't have enough time to get a full workout in before work.
3. I like going to the local bakery after a long run and getting cinnamon buns and danish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Lingering injuries
2. Lack of true commitment to improve on the swim.
3. Bad luck / small mistakes (2 mechanicals at IMs)

I was never officially in the hunt. Had a few solid performances but had a bad mechanical at my only real shot at it. After that I had 2 years of the same injuries popping up every time I really ramped it up to the volume I'd need to have another shot and in the end decided it just wasn't worth it.

Happier now that my life isn't a constant pursuit of an unobtainable goal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I work to hard at the sport to spend less than 10 hours in a race...I am getting my money's worth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Pain allergy
2. "1." is enough :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
1. can't swim my way out of a wet paper bag.
2. do not run more than 8 miles in training.
3. bad choice in parents.

This was my favorite.
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tgarson wrote:
1. Lingering injuries
2. Lack of true commitment to improve on the swim.
3. Bad luck / small mistakes (2 mechanicals at IMs)

I was never officially in the hunt. Had a few solid performances but had a bad mechanical at my only real shot at it. After that I had 2 years of the same injuries popping up every time I really ramped it up to the volume I'd need to have another shot and in the end decided it just wasn't worth it.

Happier now that my life isn't a constant pursuit of an unobtainable goal.

Sorry to hear that.

I have only one excuse:
Captain Canada's plan isn't working
Quote Reply
Re: Why you will NEVER Qualify for Kona ( a thread for the rest of us) [Chris Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Man in gorilla suit always gets me disqualified.
2. I get too distracted by the strange denizens of the pool to get in a quality workout.
3. I cant get my online slowtwitch bike fit correct even though i posted a picture, video, height, weight, measurements, favorite icecream flavor, and favorite sexual position, etc...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My coach fired me
Last edited by: Jason N: Sep 18, 14 18:07
Quote Reply

Prev Next