Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why does it matter what's on the USAT Web site?
Quote | Reply
Since I can't find the current Bylaws on the Web site, I can't answer these questions:

1) What is the required method of distributing election/voting information to the members? I can't imagine that having the information available on the Web is sufficient (or even advisable). There are still people out there who don't access the Web. Was Web access made a mandatory condition for joining USAT?

2) How can the members vote on *anything* other than what was on the written ballot that was distributed to (some of) the members? If that information was flawed, incorrect, incomplete or outdated, then the whole election/voting is fatally defective, and should be started over.

As many people have pointed out, a link on a Web page is sorely lacking in permanence. Any Web admin worth his salt can change file information to make it appear that a particular document was created/posted at any time desired, thus removing any realistic mechanism for validating the content. Yes, someone might have downloaded the content, and then you have a conflict over who is telling the truth. I submit that whatever is on the Web site is utterly irrelevant.

This whole thing stinketh.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it matter what's on the USAT Web site? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the reason the website is paramount to this election is that the ballot does not contain the actual text of the proposals. it points you to the USAT website if you want to read the text of what it is you're voting on. i explain this a bit more in depth in the "forum readers - thank you" thread.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Why does it matter what's on the USAT Web site? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" the reason the website is paramount to this election is that the ballot does not contain the actual text of the proposals. it points you to the USAT website if you want to read the text of what it is you're voting on. i explain this a bit more in depth in the "forum readers - thank you" thread. "

That is about what I gleaned from the various postings (I, too, have never seen one of these legendary ballots). Do the Bylaws stipulate that Web access is mandatory to participate in the voting process? Do the Bylaws state that putting ballot measures on the USAT Web site is sufficient to inform the voters? If the answer to the latter question is "no", then this election/vote is fatally defective.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply