Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why do you (or don't you) do flip turns? [DunnRight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok....so I tried flip turning today because the gal I was splitting the lane with was a good 50lbs overweight and if she could do them well.....

And to my surprise I loved it. I did 4 x 500m workout, and on the last 1,000m I did the flips (50m LC). Wasn't too hard. I grew up surfing and stuff so the whole somersault under water is nothing new.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do you (or don't you) do flip turns? [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
I HATE YOU FLIPPERS..

I am a non flipper because I DONT KNOW HOW.. Now I feel ashamed and bashful.

I am going to the pool now to learn to flip turn once and for all.

I HATE YOU GUYS.

Be back in a few hours to post my results.

Did I mention I hate all you flippers? But, soon I will be one of you. I HOPE.

Alright bitches.. I don't know who the hell logged in as Aust1227 and posted the above garbage.. Because this guy IS NOW A FLIPPER!!

They aren't always pretty. But I put my mind to it and have at least become moderately efficient.

I am a FLIPPER now.

Thanks to all you other flippers for making the non flipping Aust1227 feel like a guppy! It was the motivation I needed to get flipping.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 :-)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
Aust1227 wrote:
I HATE YOU FLIPPERS.. I am a non flipper because I DONT KNOW HOW.. Now I feel ashamed and bashful. I am going to the pool now to learn to flip turn once and for all.
I HATE YOU GUYS. Be back in a few hours to post my results. Did I mention I hate all you flippers? But, soon I will be one of you. I HOPE.

Alright bitches.. I don't know who the hell logged in as Aust1227 and posted the above garbage.. Because this guy IS NOW A FLIPPER!! They aren't always pretty. But I put my mind to it and have at least become moderately efficient. I am a FLIPPER now. Thanks to all you other flippers for making the non flipping Aust1227 feel like a guppy! It was the motivation I needed to get flipping.

Good job Aust!!! Your flip turns will become automatic after about a year or so of doing them on every turn. You know, you can also do flip turns when swimming backstroke, just flip over to your stomach, take one freestyle stroke w/o kicking, and do a regular freestyle flip except stay on your back as you come off the wall. Another thing to work on:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Why do you (or don't you) do flip turns? [Danielg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danielg wrote:
DunnRight wrote:
So for all you open turn folks out there...why?

Just to annoy you.

Every time I see a thread like this I make it a point to not even try to learn them for another season.

I do flip turns but... this just made my day :)
Quote Reply
Re: Why do you (or don't you) do flip turns? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
:-)

I appreciate the input and encouragement from a few weeks ago! Especially the part about flipping first, then barrel rolling second!

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I, like you, swam for years without knowing how to do a flip turn. When I moved near Austin and joined a master's class in January, one of the coaches insisted I learn. By about March, I never even thought about them again; it became a natural movement that's just part of swimming, and like others, I think it better simulates OWS because there's no break.
Quote Reply
Re: Why do you (or don't you) do flip turns? [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As soon as I stopped swimming competitively, I stopped doing flip turns. Maybe that's why I like OWS so much more.
Quote Reply

Prev Next