Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler)
Quote | Reply
I'm his post race interview, Lance said that Contador didn't go according to plan. I believe Contador just lost the goodwill of his team. He showed his true colors while Lance played teamplayer. Lance is a smart guy though and probably realized this stage was not important as the final week. When the Tour hits the climbs during those last few days, the team I believe will be there to support Lance but not Contador.
Last edited by: aerobike: Jul 10, 09 10:07
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm his post race interview, Lance said that Contadi didn't go according to plan. I believe Contadilor just lost the goodwill of his team. He showed his true colors while Lance played teamplayer. Lance is a smart guy though and probably realized this stage was not important as the final week. When the Tour hits the climbs during those last few days, the team I believe will be there to support Lance but not Contador.

LOL, so are you saying they are going to try and stick something in his spoke when he is sitting in the middle of the astana train?

Contador will be in the final sections whether Astana helps him or not.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [bad929] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geesus Tarzan, lighten up with the homer posts. A good rider goes up the road by 20 meters, and Armstrong can't respond. AC does and blows the doors off everyone. End of story. It was a smart move. LA rode like a pussy, just like Sastre and the Schleks. At least Evans gave it a go. AC, Evans, Wiggins were the big winners today. LA missed his chance.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Geesus Tarzan, lighten up with the homer posts. A good rider goes up the road by 20 meters, and Armstrong can't respond. AC does and blows the doors off everyone. End of story. It was a smart move. LA rode like a pussy, just like Sastre and the Schleks. At least Evans gave it a go. AC, Evans, Wiggins were the big winners today. LA missed his chance.
LA rode like a pussy? You have no idea what team tactics are about.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Last edited by: bad929: Jul 10, 09 10:17
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [bad929] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CHANGE YOUR GD THREAD TITLE.

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [Trash Talk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LA could have gone when AC went. He didn't End of story. LA was a good teammate after AC went.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I am tempted to respond to your constant personal attacks to my commentary on the Tour, I actually feel bad for you based on the issues you've mentioned in your other posts. It seems like you have a lot of built up anger and sadness. While I understand given your situation it may be difficult, if possible, just try to stick to discussing the sport and perhaps seek out someone to talk to about your issues. You'll feel better I'm pretty sure.
Last edited by: aerobike: Jul 10, 09 10:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
LA could have gone when AC went. He didn't End of story. LA was a good teammate after AC went.

I dont think Lance could have gone, but it doenst make him a pussy.

I dont think anyone can go with AC.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Re: Why DO I POST SPOILERS IN MY THREAD TITLE? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CHANGE ITCHANGEITCHANGEIT

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-
Quote Reply
Post deleted by lschmidt [ In reply to ]
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aero, but hasnt Lance said all along the "roads" will decide the leadership.

If that is true, than I dont see how/why Contador went against team orders.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Re: Why DO I POST SPOILERS IN MY THREAD TITLE? [Trash Talk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did LA ride like someone who wanted to win the tour today??? No. For someone who is on every damn commercial telling everyone he is "coming to win" I'd call his ride today everything but brave.

Aerobike, dude, don't dish it if you can't take it.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by lschmidt [ In reply to ]
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AC was also covering a good rider who went clear. LA - "The leader of Astana will be determined on the roads". If you say that to another tour winner who is on your team, you should expect an answer. LA got one.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW it was not Cadel that was off the front, it was his team member, Cadel was behind Lance at the time of the AC break. I think what Lance was refering to was that there were no GC contenders (serious ones) up the road and AC sprinted down the decoy and kept going. Lance sat on Cadel and reeled down Andy Schlek just like he was supposed to.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huh?

How do you know that Bruyneel didn't send Contador away?

Lance is, and has always been an A$$H#LE!! He should be grateful that he's there, and lucky that he sits where he does in the standings. He has a shot at the podium behind Contador and should be helping him where he can. Until Lance can prove that he can ride the mountain stages with the better climbers, - he's just another Levi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wasn't it Cadel Evans who was off the front before contador attacked? Evans was 3 minutes behind first place and he wasn't going anywhere fast when he was off the front. Lance knew that Evans would be pulled back, and he was. Lance finished in the same group as Evans. Contador didn't need to attack, all it did was change his standings with Lance - no other positional change in the GC as a result of his attack. Contador tried to get yellow, and failed - makes himself look like a b!tch. Makes Lance look smart and like a team player.

Getting yellow or not getting yellow doesnt matter. Contador is in 1st for the GC contendors.

Attacking did this: Gained 22 or whatever secs it was on Evans, Schleck and the others. So yes, it did changed GC. IT means all the key GC guys just lost 21 secs to Contador.

It meant, Schleck, Evans had to pick up the slack and work to pull him back.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Last edited by: bad929: Jul 10, 09 10:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why didn't Lance chase down his own team mate? Because he's a team rider.

Sarcasm is supposed to be in pink or we can't easily tell when people are clearly joking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So funny, is it the same people who were lauding Lance's brilliance for putting 20 seconds into the GC contenders on Tuesday that are now wondering what Contador gained today?

The answer: 20 seconds. Not big, but notable as a statement.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [Toenail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Huh?

How do you know that Bruyneel didn't send Contador away?

Lance is, and has always been an A$$H#LE!! He should be grateful that he's there, and lucky that he sits where he does in the standings. He has a shot at the podium behind Contador and should be helping him where he can. Until Lance can prove that he can ride the mountain stages with the better climbers, - he's just another Levi.

Call Lance a ahole all you want, but it makes you look silly when you put Lance and Levi in the same boat. Obviously you dont know what team tactics and when another rider is "helping where he can".

What did Lance do today? Proved he can sit in with Evans, Schlecks on the final climbs, while helping Contador. He sat on the wheels, while Contador attacked, and did not counter attack.

Today was an A+ day for Astana and C for the other big GC contendors.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Last edited by: bad929: Jul 10, 09 10:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance got out Lanced today. Contador got tired of listening to Armstrong talk fopr the last 3 months about his dedication to the team and his only desire was to ride for the team and do whats best for the team, the team, the team.

Then this week the rhetoric changed all of a sudden. Lance was talking about himself, and decisions that would have to be made about who the new team leader might be, about the mountains deciding who the leader would be.

Contador had enough of Armstrong's politicking divisive bullshit and he dropped the hammer on him. I just wish he'd paused and looked back before blowing him off that climb, that would have been frickin hilarious.

Contador just put Armstrong back in his place. Domestique.

unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothings going to get better. its not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would Contador attack in the first place? It didn't help his team at all,

Of course it did. Contador gained time and the rest of the team was doing all the work up to that point. After that Evans, Scheck and co. had to come out of their shells and chase. By then it was not that steep and their pace had picked up so it was a benefit for the Astana riders to sit in and follow.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [The Lorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you guys are breathtakingly naive about what happened today. contador did nothing wrong; there was no problem with him going. but when he went, lance and levi's job was to stay put unless and until they were virtually certain they'd drag no contenders with them.

lance looked great today, covered everything easily, and there is no little he could've gotten himself into yellow by either going with contador or limiting his losses to contador. but he would've been roundly, and correctly, criticized if he did, since "limiting his losses" would've also limited the losses of GC contenders on other teams.

but the OP is correct in this sense: did lance's team play today create a dilemma for contador tomorrow, or at a later date? what if lance goes tomorrow, and is not covered by a contender? will contador be the good teammate lance was today?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [Toenail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LA made it clear in his action that this was a planned move. Watch the replay and you will ee LA doesn't even look over at AC as he passes by. If it was against plans he would have looked to see who it was or to see when to jump on the riders wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Why I believe Contador lost the Tour today (spoiler) [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't anyone else notice that just before the break Lance rode up next to Contador and they exhanged words. I thought at the time they were strategizing and when Contador put the pedal down I thought that looked like the plan and Lance was simply doing his best to hold back the group and challengers.

I think people are overanalyzing and creating drama that is not there. I bet they both want to win, but perhaps the team tactic is to leave people guessing who will be the one going for the yellow and this will leave the challengers strategically confused. I bet Astana is waiting to see who feels better in the later stages.

At no time did Lance seem to be suffering. But then again, the top guys seem to be able to conceal this well.

Prev Next