Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whoa, it was a cold ride!!
Quote | Reply
Winter hit in St Augustine today. A 30 mile ride in 20 mile/hr winds and a temp of 51. Damn toes, I guess they'll be back later. I had to wear gloves (fingerless cycling) and heaven for bid, arm warmers and long lycra pants....YUCH!!! Can't wait for March and warm weather again!

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa, it was a cold ride!! [getting-old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50, that's a good one. it was 9 when i rode in this morning. at least it was not a 20mph wind. I had to wear gloves too.

Andy Tetmeyer (I work at HED)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's 54 here in Tampa. Brrrr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nifty. We got about 9 inches of snow yesterday in NE Ohio. So I am going out for my mid-day run yesterday and I realize I've forgotten a hat. It's windy and snowing and cold, and, oh yeah, I shave my head, but what the hell, I'm from Cleveland and weather like this doesn't faze me. So out the door I go.

This was not my smartest all-time decision by a long shot. But at least my fiancee gave me some sympathy last night for the windburn that's streaking across my head.

Makes me stronger, I swear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm about 130 miles north of you. I ran this morning in a winter hat, gloves, long pants and a sweatshirt. It was in the high 20's with the windchill. I'm a wuss when it comes to cold weather. I ran despite the cold, but it wasn't very pleasant.

As far as riding goes, I don't ride much if it's below 60. If it's below 50, I won't ride, period. Riding in the cold is miserable. I don't know how you guys (and gals) do it. I know, I know. I'm a wuss. I have come to terms with it, and I can live with it just fine.

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weather forecast says 28F for an ovenight low here. We aren't supposed to get that until late January. And I ran in a sports bra and shorts yesterday morning too when it was 70F. Sigh. Guess we've got to retire to Tampa or points south of there because it gets too darn cold here in the winter.

Now I've got to remember to bring my citrus seedlings in for the night when I get home from work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, I just froze my ass off, it was 67 degrees out and waaay to cold for a bike ride, where do you buy those ear warmer things and cold weather gear in south florida, time to wip out the electric blankets, hehehehehehehehehhehe

-

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did some rides last winter in the high 30s. Toss a 20mph wind in from the speed on the bike, and that gets cold. But it's only painful at first. Get working and you warm up. I find the worst part to be fogging glasses on climbs, and chilly feet/fingers. Of course, the day you wear the heavier gloves, etc., the air warms up and you roast.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa, it was a cold ride!! [Boz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hola fellow Tampa-phite
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa, it was a cold ride!! [Boz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Low 50's again today and a 45 mile ride on tap. Hopefully no wind!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i flatted on a mountainbike ride on a very long single trail a few days ago. put my bike under a bush (it was almost dark). ran home, got a tube ...

rochester, ny - lake effect! while i took a shower and got to my car to pick up the bike, about 4 inches of snow were coming down! it took me 2 hours to find my bike ... 22-30 degrees
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel for you! It was -10C here in the Toronto area yesterday. I don't train that much these days, but when I did I would put the bike away for the winter and up the amount of xc skiing and running. Call me a wimp but road riding outside in air temps less than about 5C is not that pleasent. I don't care what anyone says.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You poor florida people, I dont know how you do it:) It was 14 Degrees Farenheight here this morining with a light breeze so my predawn run was a bit chilly. Its not so bad once you get going. The bike on the other hand can get damn cold! Im going out on my MTB tonight with my headlight and see how long I can last. If not there is always "le tour de garage."
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa, it was a cold ride!! [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how you guys (and gals) do it.

Rather be cold than bored. I've been riding inside in the AM out of lack of time. Now, with sub-zero wind chills, my outdoor riding season may be done. I don't really have outdoor riding equipment, so the first hour is great, the second hour (or more) stinks becuase my layers under my jacket are wet and noticeable when the breeze hits them. Then, there's that whole thing of your water bottle freezing after 30 minutes. That's when you realize that you're "not like everyone else" ... you're water bottle is frozen, and you keep going.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Whoa, it was a cold ride!! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-12C yesterday including windchill. did an hour-fifteen on the bike on Lakeshore and the waterfront trail. Nice easy recovery spin from my double spin class of hill repeats on monday. as long as it's sunny and bright, temps don't bug me that much. -15 is about as far as I'll go, cause after that it just gets silly. Glad I got out yesterday, better than a boring easy spin in the basement. Hoping to strap on the x/c gear and hit horseshoe on saturday.

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply