Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who has used/tried the Dash Strike.9
Quote | Reply
Does anyone out there use a Dash Strike.9 (or have you used one in the past)? If so, I'm wondering if you could share your thoughts. This company has long been on my radar but I've always managed to get by on what I had. But I'm always looking for a better saddle for my road bike and am at a place now where I might want to take a chance.

(For the moment, let's say price is not a consideration. I can always resell if I don't like and frankly for the right saddle, I'm willing to take the hit.)

I've only managed to find a small number of reviews of this thing that had what I would consider depth. They all seem quite positive but the sample size is very small. I've gone through countless pages of google results. .

-Joe
Quote Reply
Re: Who has used/tried the Dash Strike.9 [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had two Stock Strikes and love them! I've used them on my tri bike and road bike. If you're looking for a saddle for you road bike and don't mind a non cut out saddle, check out smud carbon. Its 100% carbon, weighs around 80 grams, and is as comfortable, if not more so, than the Dash. Its really a trade off...the cut out makes the Dash comfortable, but the Smud is comfortable because it flexes. One down side to the Smud, my bike fell over pretty hard and it cracked! I think I can repair it, but still sucks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a TT.9 on the my Tri bike and it's pretty comfy. I have not tried a strike9 but can't see that shape on my road bike.. it would annoy all the OCD parts of me. The Berk Lupina saddle is very comfortable ... it's flexes and is pretty light. My padded version weighed in at 98g.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a stock strike on my road bike. It's pretty comfortable.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Who has used/tried the Dash Strike.9 [dhoose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiosity, those of you who do have the stock Strike on a road bike, what did you use before it and how would you compare?
Quote Reply
Re: Who has used/tried the Dash Strike.9 [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
I use a TT.9 on the my Tri bike and it's pretty comfy. I have not tried a strike9 but can't see that shape on my road bike.. it would annoy all the OCD parts of me. The Berk Lupina saddle is very comfortable ... it's flexes and is pretty light. My padded version weighed in at 98g.

Philosophically I agree with you, but the few actual in depth experiences I read seem to indicate otherwise. Right now I'm using a Specialized Romin - higher end (think it's the Evo Expert Gel) but not the S-Works. It *is* the most comfortable saddle I've had but on longer rides, I do wish for more of a cutout. The Berk looks... not that much different from the Romin (or Toupe or several others) and is also quite expensive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the stock strike and it didn't work out for me. I was coming from an ISM saddle for my road bike and I was hoping for something sleeker and this seemed like it could be the one. It's very stiff and did not have much padding so while it worked when I was at tempo, if I was cruising at a lesser pace it was putting a lot of pressure on the bones/nerves. Too stiff for my needs and the shape just didn't complement my anatomy.
Quote Reply
Re: Who has used/tried the Dash Strike.9 [Montster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do offer extra padding with the custom version. If I were going to buy one of these, I would definitely go with that. Question is, how much padding is there

Aside from the lack of padding, how would you say it felt when you were NOT aero? That is, did you feel the cutout offer any sort of improvement in bloodflow in the perineum area over a road saddle? Were the "wings" too wide? Not wide enough?

I have an Adamo myself on my tri-bike but I'm looking to get this on my road bike so there would be a lot of non-aero time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, the stock strike is the lowest level of padding I think but even then I don't think these are meant to have nearly as much padding as something like the ISM saddles.

When I was not aero, it was meh. It was a very stiff saddle, not very compliant, and as a result, handling suffered as a lot of the road vibrations transfered into my body. It's a personal preference really and I didn't prefer it.

What happens when I sat a little further back and used more of the surface area of the saddle, I would have a very firm surface that's padded from your chamois. It's nice and racy, but if you're cruising around on a recovery ride, it's a bit too stiff. I felt like the wings were wide enough for my behind. I suspect the channel and cutout wasn't wide enough for my anatomy and as a result, I was getting some perenium pressure, or what felt like perenium pressure. It may just be the nerves in that taint area being a bit more sensitive and getting that numb sensation transfer over to the center from the harsh ride.

I've tried lots of saddles (specialized romin, toupe, power, their tri one as I owned them, then various selle smps during a bike fit) and out of those the ISM was really the only one where I felt like the perenium pressure didn't exist. I recently tried a friend's wider power saddle, 155mm? and nope, still got that perenium pressure in the drops.

I'm always looking for the holy grail of saddle, but the ISM seems to work the best for me so far. I'll be getting the ISM PN 3.0 for my road bike soon so we'll see how that goes. I think I'll get a chance to demo the specialized power arc so we'll see if that makes a difference. There's a few others I would like to try and since it's the base building season, now's a good time. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its interesting you posted this today. Dash shipped me the dash and strike "rentals" to try out about 3 hours ago.

im currently on an ism ps 1.0 and im having chafing issues. looking for something more narrow, and writeups here on the twitch directed me that way.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Who has used/tried the Dash Strike.9 [Montster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried the prologo dimension t4.0 today and for that seems to be the best mix of the spec. power and the pro stealth. I have absolute;y no perineal pressure in aero positon with a drop of 15 cm. Much softer then the dash which i also,like but indeed is very firm. If you have the opportunity try that prologo. For me it was a big surprise but felt really ‘at home’ on it right away

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply