Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's?
Quote | Reply
Registration opened today for St. Anthony's Olympic distance tri in St. Petersberg, FL. Just wondering who signed up. I did this race last year and it was a very well organized event. I am looking forward to this race again this coming April. Last year registration closed after 5 days. I included the link below.

www.satriathlon.com

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [SemperTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Barry
Quote Reply
Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [bglading] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard from a pretty reliable source that by 4:00pm yesterday, 2600 people had already registered. So if you're thinking about getting in, do it soon as it will probably sell out today (cap at 3000).

Bri Gaal
One Step Beyond
http://www.osbmultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in!

We usually have a group going every year and this time - it's all chicas!

anyone have suggestions on where we could stay?

-----------------------------------------------
maylene jackson, cscs
http://www.kidsintraining.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im all in

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See you there Slowtwitchers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to meeting you all, I'll be there with Team in Training NYC. It'll be my first-ever tri.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in. Good luck to everyone.

http://timeoutdoors.blogspot.com/
Photo Blog - App Trail Thru Hike March - Sept 2009

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I registered. Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten.
Quote Reply
Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [BriBri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The race is almost full - sign on now if your interested, but if you do not get in come and do Florida's Great Escape Triathlon - go to www.usat-ntc.com for information. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm going and it will be my first trip to st. anthony's. also, i got a room at the ramada inn mirage thats about 6 miles from the beach for $54 a night--2 beds. and, i would love for there to be alot of ladies staying there as well!
Quote Reply
Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [aetherchild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean no offense, but this is why I am NOT doing St. Anthony's in 2005. It is an extremely well organized event, but with 3000 people it better be.

There were 500 Team in Training racers there last year (in all their purple glory). Many are experienced triathletes, but most are first timers. Now I was once there and I remember my first tri (on my mountain bike), but not with 500 recognizeable "friends" in purple. Last year they were high-fiving, running 4 abreast, STOPING to take pictures during the run, riding about anywhere they wanted, etc.

There were so many waves, I started 95 minutes after the pros and had to weave all around them on the bike course and seriously had problems on the run through the narrow streets of Snell Island. It really 'kinda ruined it for me - check out the St. Anthony's message board right after the race last year and see the hundreds of complaints.

It is a shame, really, as it is a GREAT venue and well run. Also, we were all first timers before and TIT is a great organization. Enjoy the race though!

Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the promoter listened to the complaints about the first timers on the course last year. If you look at this year (2005 race) on the website they have added a novice/first-timers wave for the TIT & other newbies that will start last, so they will not be crowding the course. Good idea. It seems like the race promoter for St. Anthony's is great at listening to the competitors and personally responds to everthing on the race site's message board. I am glad they added the newbie wave as I had a couple incidents of the TIT newbies block me last year on the bike course too and was forced to swing out over the yellow line to pass, but it's a great race, well organized and the atmosphere is awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [Rocky Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, I didn't see that! Wow, that is listening! I'd like to maybe do it again then! (I'm sure it is full by now) - anyway, I'll be back down in Florida in the fall for IM Florida.

That is a really well run event with the best transition area (and largest for sure) that I have ever seen.

Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any of you locals suggest a place to stay. Colonial is full, that was reasonably priced last year. Any suggestions for (price-wise) equivalent, as close as possible ?

Thanks

Barry
Quote Reply
Re: Who Signed Up for St. Anthony's? [bglading] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might try the St. Pete Mad Dogs Triathlon Club website www.stpetemaddogs.com forum and ask there. I think if you're one of their members they might even try to get you a homestay ( I'm sure they're limited ). Anyway, they always have a great post race party after the awards every year a few blocks away.
Quote Reply