Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who Else Signed up for IM Whistler 2014 ?
Quote | Reply
One of my buddies is on the plan to get to 12 finishes for the road to Kona. I just came out of a meeting and got an email link from him. Next thing I know I was taking out the credit card. Well, it was already planned. Hopefully all goes smooth next year and both of us make it to the start line healthy. I'm giving Messick and crew too much of my money!
Quote Reply
Re: Who Else Signed up for IM Whistler 2014 ? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I signed up. Had some problems at the beginning as I had flash blocked and couldn't log in to my Active account. Change of browsers, and I was good.

Looking forward to the race up there. Next: booking timeshare cottages!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up for it instead of IMUK for 2014. A friend of mine is finally biting the bullet and going for his first Ironman, so figured I'd race there with him (and do my damnedest to drop him on the bike!). See you guys there!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Proud member of the GUCrew
Twitter: @tripigeon Blog: Ironpigeon.com
Thoughts on AG sponsorships / community involvement: http://bit.ly/1dQlVDy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awww dammit. I thought this would sell out in 5 minutes and I wouldn't have to think about it. 100 slots again???

Jamie
Quote Reply
Re: Who Else Signed up for IM Whistler 2014 ? [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt it will be 100 slots, but crazier things have happened. By the way, does anyone have hotel recommendations. I have tentatively booked a suite with a kitchen at the Delta Suites. Family seems OK with that, but if there are better recommendations, I can cancel this one.

Will be interesting to see when Whistler and Tremblant sell out now that the date for Whistler is formally established and race reports are rolling in. I just saw this big furry guy pacing runners on their facebook page...where is USAT to DQ the guy in the "bear suit"???

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Aug 26, 13 17:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I got to within 3 weeks of race day this year before being sidelined with injury and couldn't go. It was pretty bitter clicking the button to drop another $800 seeing as the last one was a complete waste, but I'm trying to think of it as a nice, long 2 year build. I'm sure I'll be thanking myself on race day next year for the extra training. I guess if it all goes south next year at least I can sign up for Challenge a month later =).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Aug 26, 13 18:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
One of my buddies is on the plan to get to 12 finishes for the road to Kona. I just came out of a meeting and got an email link from him. Next thing I know I was taking out the credit card. Well, it was already planned. Hopefully all goes smooth next year and both of us make it to the start line healthy. I'm giving Messick and crew too much of my money!

I was the first in the volunteer line and was signed up at 6:55am (1hr 5min) before the official opening of registration. I actually think it was the 6 hours of sleep since Friday that made me do it... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul, I think I can speak for all of Slowtwitch when I say we are already collectively salivating for another brief and humble race report. Let me tell you, it's gonna be a long year waiting.

Please don't leave us hanging for even one moment regarding the multitude of trials and tribulations you will surely encounter. Post all that shit up. Please don't leave out how busy you are at work, all the cool places you travel and what a great family man you still (very humbly) manage to be. Just a warning, if I hear that you still manage to coach your sons sports team during this difficult time, I WILL go all teary eyed.

And not that I would wish bad things to happen to anyone, and especially not you, but I was just thinking how a moderate injury or less than serious bike crash during your build up could be even more uplifting, especially for your posts per day. Moderate ITBS and this shit just went epic!

I'm fucking giddy right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purposefully went on a long bike ride right before the race opened up online for registration to avoid any "mistakes" of signing up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you will be very happy; I really enjoyed the course my wife and I truly are enjoying Whistler
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I doubt it will be 100 slots, but crazier things have happened. By the way, does anyone have hotel recommendations. I have tentatively booked a suite with a kitchen at the Delta Suites. Family seems OK with that, but if there are better recommendations, I can cancel this one.

I stayed at the Delta and was impressed with the value and location. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, kitchenette with a living room ~950 sq ft room. They even had reasonable uncooked breakfast room service that you cook yourself. I had eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast this morning and was in heaven - all I could think of last night was bacon! The room is close to the IM Expo and is really in the centre (location wise) of the Village.

ItsAGoodLifeIfYouTriIt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW THE BEAR????

youse guys are nucking futz. :)

looking forward to your report dev!

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: Who Else Signed up for IM Whistler 2014 ? [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure there might be a bear. But did you notice the outfit on the lead biker?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem a grizzly will eat that little guy.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That wasn't the only bear. There was also one along the way out to Green Lake turn-around that was "pacing" us. Being from BC, I've seen my share of bear, but the guy next to me let out a "What the #uck!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1st Full.. I am in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! (And my nutrition plan will NOT include honey!)
Quote Reply
Re: Who Else Signed up for IM Whistler 2014 ? [Thump.Thump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone else see the aussie running with his rock band/guitar hero guitar?

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Who Else Signed up for IM Whistler 2014 ? [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honey Stinger is the official on-course race nutrition (no joke). With all the warnings about littering, not attracting bears, etc that was a poor choice of sponsor!

I saw the bear on the out and back from Green Lake. Had scouted the course before with no bear sightings yet, so I was pleased to get that fix! From a safe distance of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Who Else Signed up for IM Whistler 2014 ? [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sure did, I kept wondering how he could be comfortable running in his schoolboy shorts and sport coat, giving credit to the finish line people they switched to playing AC/DC when he came near the finish line
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Angus Young was in the house!

In for a repeat in 2014. Yesterday was perfect weather. Expecting it will be a bit warmer in July.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:

Yup. And Spider-Man.
Quote Reply
Re: Who Else Signed up for IM Whistler 2014 ? [Thump.Thump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thump.Thump wrote:
That wasn't the only bear. There was also one along the way out to Green Lake turn-around that was "pacing" us. Being from BC, I've seen my share of bear, but the guy next to me let out a "What the #uck!"

Ha! Saw him/her. He/she had definitely figured out that the feed station in the Green Lake out and back was ripe for plucking. At the athletes' briefing on Friday I wonderd whether there was a cabal of bears in the woods, gathered round a course map, saying "ok, Larry, you've got feed station 7. Joe, you're on 4. Let's eat well on Sunday night guys!"

realAlbertan wrote:

Yup, both times close to the boardwalk around Green Lake. Nuts. There was also a guy with a red Superman cape. Wrong superhero...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw him !
Quote Reply

Prev Next