Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who's doing the Tour of Sufferlandria? The Offical TOS Thread
Quote | Reply
I think I'm going to give it a go. The menions crushed my soul this morning!

http://www.trainerroad.com/tour-of-sufferlandria

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Last edited by: runnerwv: Jan 24, 14 16:56
Quote Reply
Re: Who's doing the Tour of Sufferlandria? [runnerwv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm game. Though those 2x days are going to be hell. Especially for someone who's too lazy wake up and do morning sessions. I really don't want to do angles + the hunted back to back. On the plus side I'll be hitting it on a new erg trainer, so at least I don't have to try and maintain virtual power. Just turn over the pedals and don't think. And when did they start with longer than 1-hour workours? Day 2 and I'm already out...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As of now I'm planning to do it. I have been working through the videos to see just how difficult it will be and have concluded it will be awful... Plus hubris is pushing me to attempt to do it at 100% which I know will be a bad idea. Here's to death by cycling on the trainer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Can't wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing it. Going to be very sore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spouse and I are in. We only have the Angels video so it'll be TR versions for everything else. R.I.P legs...
Can't wait for the lava though, I've had quite enough of winter already.... :OP
Quote Reply
Re: Who's doing the Tour of Sufferlandria? [xc800runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xc800runner wrote:
I'm game. Though those 2x days are going to be hell. Especially for someone who's too lazy wake up and do morning sessions. I really don't want to do angles + the hunted back to back. On the plus side I'll be hitting it on a new erg trainer, so at least I don't have to try and maintain virtual power. Just turn over the pedals and don't think. And when did they start with longer than 1-hour workours? Day 2 and I'm already out...

IDK but I did ITLAGIATT and was brutal!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are peoples thoughts on getting multiple entries for every $10 you donate for the prize drawing? I think adding the donation piece is fantastic but kind of sucks if you're only able to donate $10, which gets you 1 entry but somebody else who is able to donate $1000 gets 100 entries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time and Blender are both extremely hard if you base them around your true 1-hour treshold. Throw in the other hard days and people will have to back down on certain days to recover. Just no way anyone could go hard on all those days in a row.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chickened out last year but after doing 8DC this year, I'm game. Only have a few videos so the rest will be all TR and music.
Last edited by: tovi: Jan 4, 14 14:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm more curious as to who's going to actually do it with true Trainer-Road power, with a legit up-to-date FTP so no sandbagging?

If I did it without the TrainerRoad power targets, I'd finish them for sure, but I'd be so far off the power targets it would look ridiculous after 2-3 days.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's doing the Tour of Sufferlandria? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm planning on doing this all completely legit. Erg Trainer and all, so no slouching. I recover pretty well day to day, but who knows what'll happen after 3 days of this. The full 9 will be a beast... especially since I need to bump up my FTP in trainerroad after my last couple rides on the powerbeam.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's doing the Tour of Sufferlandria? [xc800runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xc800runner wrote:

FYI. The 2x days are expected to be done back to back. They aren't two separate workouts. Last year's advice was "While doing There Is No Try, don't think about Revolver. While doing Revolver, don't think about Revolver."

It is a special experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
I'm more curious as to who's going to actually do it with true Trainer-Road power, with a legit up-to-date FTP so no sandbagging?

If I did it without the TrainerRoad power targets, I'd finish them for sure, but I'd be so far off the power targets it would look ridiculous after 2-3 days.

I'm in and this is my plan. I took my ftp two weeks ago so it will be dialed in for this. Go hard or go home. Of course I say that now...ask me on day 4 what I think about that philosophy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did Rubber Glove last week 284 FTP... Also I think the first ride of tour is Rubber Glove

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
runnerwv wrote:
I did Rubber Glove last week 284 FTP... Also I think the first ride of tour is Rubber Glove
yea, just saw that (again)! It starts with an FTP test..eek.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What other workouts are you guys doing? Swim/run or just riding?

Quote Reply
Re: Who's doing the Tour of Sufferlandria? [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time and Blender are both extremely hard

^this

Also on the high difficulty scale will be Stage 7, Angels + The Hunted. That is difficult.

I've completed my pre-ride of the 2014 course, riding individual stages in erg mode every 2-3 days. I plan to do it again before the official start with less rest time in between.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Last edited by: ttocsmi: Jan 3, 14 11:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once again, we're locked out because TR doesn't support multiple riders (more than 2). We'd play, we have 5 CompuTrainers in the basement and athletes willing, but the rules are the rules. Oh, well, we ride 4X week anyway, so we'll ride our regimen and cheer you Tour riders on......tamale is ISLAGIATT !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to, but I'm moving across the country right in the middle of it. Might just have to do it afterwards.

Michael Hebert
Hebertmike.com
Supported by: EnduroPacks | TrainerRoad | Asylum Cycles
I support: Team RWB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
runnerwv wrote:
What other workouts are you guys doing? Swim/run or just riding?

Might just drag my sorry ass to the pool and join the blue rinse brigade, but as for running...fuhgeddaboudit
Quote Reply
Re: Who's doing the Tour of Sufferlandria? [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha so no running intervals or long run?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just registered. I'll be attempting it on my Wahoo Kickr. I'm only missing Rubber Glove and Violator. Those will be done on TR alone.

Wish me luck.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Who's doing the Tour of Sufferlandria? [cornick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh crap I didn't even realize the first workout is the FTP test!!!!

I hate starting workouts after a fresh new FTP as everything hurts

Crap! Can't wait!
Quote Reply

Prev Next