Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whirlpool steelhead 1/2 IM is part of the 70.3 series!!!!!
Quote | Reply
I reckon it's going to cost more money now..........but it will be even better!!
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool steelhead 1/2 IM is part of the 70.3 series!!!!! [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ummm... Yeah, so we heard a few months ago. The cost thing has already been discussed on this site and the take home message is Steelhead is the least expensive of all the 70.3 races.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool steelhead 1/2 IM is part of the 70.3 series!!!!! [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, I apologize to everyone for being 3 months behind. Sorry to waste your time. I'm such an idiot.
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool steelhead 1/2 IM is part of the 70.3 series!!!!! [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't apologize, and you're not an idiot.

However, I wouldn't assume that being part of the 70.3 system is guaranteed to make any of the established races any better. We can only hope, although for some it is hard to imagine how they could possibly be any better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think i'm going to bite the proverbial bullet on this one and pony up the $$ for the entry (which i still think is a lot of money). i want an early august 1/2 in my area and the other 2 options i was considering have both been cancelled so i'm kind of stuck.

i have, however, heard nothing but positive reviews about this race. everyone seems to think it's worth the entry fee. for $160 it had better be good! don't get me wrong, i'm not unreasonable (or even difficult to please) but with 2 young kids and 2 adult triathletes in the house, cost of entry weighs pretty heavy when my wife and i are planning our race schedules!

- The Who
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, we will be part of the Ironman 70.3 Series this year. Our race was picked for a couple of reasons -

#1 - It is a very well run race

#2 - It is located near a major city - 1 1/2 hours from Chicago

#3 - It is in the Mid-West and the series needed a good mid-west race.

We have increased the price of the events - from $145 - $160, but it is the least expensive 70.3 race in the series. The $160 also includes the $10 GTG fee.

We expect about 1,200 athletes this year - we had just under 800 last year. Hope to see you at the race. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool steelhead 1/2 IM is part of the 70.3 series!!!!! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom,

There is no mention of a kids race for next year on the web site. Has it been officially scrapped or is there a chance it still may be added? You guys did a great job with the kids last year, I know my son would love to race again.

Thom
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool steelhead 1/2 IM is part of the 70.3 series!!!!! [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to making Steelhead my first half! I can't wait.
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool steelhead 1/2 IM is part of the 70.3 series!!!!! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

How many people have signed up? I think you said it would full by March?
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool steelhead 1/2 IM is part of the 70.3 series!!!!! [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry - No kids race at the Steelhead next year! Z
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool steelhead 1/2 IM is part of the 70.3 series!!!!! [triguywillie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have about 500 right now - we will close at 1,400 - We have been getting about 10 entries per day. At this pace we will be full by March. Z
Quote Reply