Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whirlpool Steelhead Triathlon
Quote | Reply
The Whirlpool Steelhead Triathlon is now open for registration at www.steelheadtriathlon.com - Over 100 entries have been received and we will limit the race to 1,200. The race will take place on Sunday, August 1st in Benton Harbor, Michigan. 30 Ironman North America slots will be awarded to top finishers. 10 for Ironman Canada (2004) - 10 for Ironman Wisconsin (2004) and 10 for Ironman Lake Placid (2005)
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool Steelhead Triathlon [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the information. I just entered the event.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool Steelhead Triathlon [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom - Bring some friends over - The St. Joseph/Benton Harbor area is a great place for a family vacation! We will try to have a nice flat swim in Lake Michigan for you! Will be great to meet you. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My pleasure Sir,

We heard nothing but good things last year about the event. It will be my pleasure to hype the event from this end.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the info, a A race for me this year.

Jim

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Whirlpool Steelhead Triathlon [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best thing about the Steelhead is that it is a local event supported by the community. Whirlpool's headquarters are located on the bike course. Our local Race Director, Mike Ryan grew up with me in St. Joseph (St. Joe High School - class of 75) and has done a great job securing volunteers for the race. Many of our coordinators are old high school friends. Added to this local support is the race management support of Capri Events and Jan Caille'. Between the two of us, Jan and I have produced over 300 triathlons since the early 80's. Of all the events I've been involved with from the USAT National Championships to Kona, this one is special as it's my home town. I guess that's why Mike Ryan and myself worked so hard to make the first year a success. We hope this years goes even better! See you in August! Z
Quote Reply