Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which sub-$2,000 tri bike saw the best improvements for 2006?
Quote | Reply
Cervelo Dual with Dura Ace?
Last edited by: anonymo_8: Oct 11, 05 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: Which sub-$2,000 tri bike saw the best improvements for 2006? [anonymo_8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just going to put in a vote for the '06 Dual.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Which sub-$2,000 tri bike saw the best improvements for 2006? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty hard to ignore Dura Ace on that frame for less than $2K. You have to be happy with those wheels and aerobars though. I would be I suppose.
Last edited by: jameshinton: Oct 11, 05 13:32
Quote Reply
Re: Which sub-$2,000 tri bike saw the best improvements for 2006? [anonymo_8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this board is over-the-top with/for Cervelo, but if that bike is priced at under $2,000 - what more do you need really!! Throw some race wheels on that baby and that bike will be on par or "better" than a number of the bikes that will be ridden by finishers in the top 10 in Kona on Saturday.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Which sub-$2,000 tri bike saw the best improvements for 2006? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if cervelo is going to have a cheaper dual than the DA model this yr? I haven't seen any specs for it, does it exist? The DA dual is a sweet deal, but i'm a poor college student and ~$1500 is about the max I can handle.
Quote Reply
Re: Which sub-$2,000 tri bike saw the best improvements for 2006? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But how much of this bike will really be Dura Ace?

bar-ends - yes
FD- yes
RD- yes
chain/cassette - ?
cranks - ?
bb - ?
brake calipers - ?

I still think the bike is a good deal and may even buy one myself, but at what point can you call this a DA bike instead of a bike with some DA components?

I know Gerard and co. want to get the most marketing bang from the DA label, and I'll bet they'll succeed at that. And I can't blame them for trying to keep their costs low by substituting parts where they feel they can get equivalent performance for lower cost (although I don't like the FSA cranks). But without the cranks/bb/brakes I don't think it's reasonable to call this a DA bike.

Truth in advertising and all that...
Quote Reply