Which Seat post light for daytime
Quote | Reply
Can someone recommend a good seat post light

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Which Seat post light for daytime [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spend the money on a cycliq, you'll get a decent light and a camera, I ride with mine all the time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dinotte makes a couple that are excellent for daylight. One requires an external battery (which straps to the bike), but the other is self-contained and charges with a USB. I've used both and both are extremely bright and high quality. http://www.dinottelighting.com

Here's the one with the internal battery: http://store.dinottelighting.com/...in-battery-p111.aspx
Last edited by: FlashBazbo: Apr 23, 18 14:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Bontrager R Flare and the NiteRider Sentinel. Both are very easy to use, USB chargable, and have a rather long run time. On a very bright sunny day out in the country last summer a great big 4 x 4 redneck looking pickup truck comes zooming up next and rolls down the window. I'm think "oh no!" And smiles and thanks me for have lights so visible and he really appreciated that he could see me from a long ways away.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bontrager R Flare. I own 2 of them and get comments all the time about how bright they are. Highly recommend ðŸ‘ðŸ»

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Which Seat post light for daytime [Dopers.Suck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dopers.Suck wrote:
Bontrager R Flare. I own 2 of them and get comments all the time about how bright they are. Highly recommend ðŸ‘ðŸ»

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody know if the Speed Concept bracket for the Bont R Flare will fit on a (new) Cervelo P3 aero seat post?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a budget recommendation that is decent in quality and performance, I like the Blitzu 180T...available on Amazon in the neighborhood of $20.

For cost no object budget, I really like the Serfas ultra-8 Orion light....available in the neighborhood of $90. It is expensive.

Both are easy to adjust even when riding, are plenty bright for daylight use, adjustable in vertical angle, and fit seamlessly on a round or aero seatpost.

The other recommendations here are good also.
Last edited by: NealH: Apr 23, 18 17:28
Quote Reply
Re: Which Seat post light for daytime [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried it on the P5 and it did not work, so ended up using the standard "rubber mount/band" it came with and a zip tie and that worked great.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i Love the garmin varia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really like my Bontrager Flare R.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My new favorite. Fits bit posts, lasts forever, silly bright.

https://www.performancebike.com/...0-tail-light-40-5513
Quote Reply
Re: Which Seat post light for daytime [ollie3856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ollie3856 wrote:
spend the money on a cycliq, you'll get a decent light and a camera, I ride with mine all the time

+1

I bought one of these a few weeks ago as i needed a new light. It is already proving to be worth the money as it recorded my recent car-taking-out-cyclist incident which is going to involve an insurance claim..... There is no way that the driver and his passenger can spin the event in any way - i have it all on film.

I've now bought a front one as well which, as soon as i am able to ride a bike again, i shall never leave the house without...
Quote Reply
Re: Which Seat post light for daytime [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endorse this. But if you don't buy a Cycliq get a Flare R.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
Can someone recommend a good seat post light

Some good recommendations in this thread. I'd ad that I wear mine hooked on the back of my helmet, so it's above hoodline, at or above eye-level for all drivers----so they can absolutely see it, whether in a car or large SUV, truck, etc. If it's annoying because it's shining in their eyes, fine, at least it's noticed and becomes an object in the roadway in their minds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I have Dinotte red seat post lights. I also have a yellow front light. Both have a number of blinking patterns. They are very expensive, but I feel safer with them.

The seat post lights are so bright they might not be legal everywhere. And they are a problem if others draft me. I turn it off when I'm pulling; back on when in the rear.

I've noticed cars give me more space. No one is ever going to say "I didn't see him."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Cygolite Hotshot Pro 150 is really bright and is cheap ($35). I've used Cygolite's rear lights for years and they've lasted forever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dinotte quad red. got two in this household and pair them with USE Diablo mk6/7 fronts.

Spendy but when i first got them i noticed cars passing with greater distance and cars stopping further back at intersections.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are lots of good options but if you have a Trek store nearby, another vote for the Bontrager R Flare. Mine has held up well and I like the selection of flash patterns. I can be really visible, super obnoxiously visible or, just visible enough without blinding someone or triggering seizures if I am in a group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without question the Bontrager Flare R.

No one can see the light they have. Hold any up to your eye and they look bright, so everyone thinks their light is best.

However, I take note of the lights I see on the road and the ones that you can actually see from a distance during daylight are always the Bontrager Flare R.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: Which Seat post light for daytime [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Anybody know if the Speed Concept bracket for the Bont R Flare will fit on a (new) Cervelo P3 aero seat post?
Another vote for the Flare R here. A second reason to get it is that the rubber mount is long and stretchy enough to fit every seatpost I've tried, including aero seatposts. It's a bit of a stretch on some, but it works (never actually tried a new P3 but optimistic). Most other lights won't.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Seat post light for daytime [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flare R in the rear and the small Ion 100 up front. A headlight is just as important.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Seat post light for daytime [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:

No one can see the light they have. Hold any up to your eye and they look bright, so everyone thinks their light is best.

However, I take note of the lights I see on the road and the ones that you can actually see from a distance during daylight are always the Bontrager Flare R.

This. There's a lot of bright lights out there, but the Flare R is the one we see really well from far away. The Dinotte Quad Red (among several others) is recommended a lot too and I think it looks brighter than the Flare R when you are close to it, but the Flare R is more visible from far away.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Seat post light for daytime [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello dangle and All,

Low rent ... high output

https://www.amazon.com/...oduct/B015IEJ0GC/ref

https://www.blitzugear.com/...able-bike-tail-light

Only runs for 2 hours though ...

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Which Seat post light for daytime [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:

"It's difficult to justify paying $60 for the Flare R when a Cygolite Hotshot can be bought for less than half as much with higher output, more mounting options, and longer battery life."

https://www.bikelightdatabase.com/bontrager/flarer/

There are other bright lights out there. I have the Hotshot, and no complaints yet.
Quote Reply