Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which QR Wetsuit should I get
Quote | Reply
I've pretty much decided on the QR wetsuits.

I am thinking the Hydrofull (~$400) or the Superfull (~500). Haven't really thought about the Ultrafull.

My questions are:

1. Is the extra $100 on the Superfull worth it?

2. Should I even consider the Ultrafull?

3. I am 5'11 and 205 Lbs. I am going to get a Large. Anyone else my size have experience with the large (tight here, or loose there,...)

4. Anything else I should know.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Which QR Wetsuit should I get [Hook'em] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hook'em,

Just like bikes, the one that fits.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Quote Reply
Re: Which QR Wetsuit should I get [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>the one that fits.
And therefore, it may not necessarily be a QR.

I have a QR. It fits me well in the shop. During open water swimming - When I stretch my arm for the catch, I feel my testicles being squeezed upwards. I am serious.
During the London triathlon I had to stop a few times to adjust. One of these adjustments, I got kicked in my head, drunk some dirty Albert and Victoria docks water and felt very sick.

I propose that you hire a wetsuit and try it in a local lake, a pool or in the sea - so that you know what it really feels like.

Tom Demerly necessarily exists, Tom’s essence is existence Tom’s essence is perfect, and therefore Tom’s perfection implies that Tom must exist. Since Tom is infinite substance, no attribute which expresses the essence of substance can be denied of Tom . Every being has its being in Tom. Nothing can come into being or exist without Tom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How fast are you?

If you're fast (FOP), then I'd get the best suit you can afford, which would be the superfull.

If you're not as fast (MOP), then I'd save the $100 and get the Hydrofull.

If this is your first wetsuit or you're still not as fast as MOP, then I'd get the ultrafull. My guess is that you are going to get 95%+ of the speed benefit from the basemodel that you are going to get from the top end. I have no data for this, but the extra bells and whistles sure seem to jack up the prices.

I wore a superfull in 2004, but I don't know that it was THAT much faster than my Desoto or Aquaman that I wore previously. It felt and fit better though.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'1" and 205...I tried both the L and the ML...the ML actually fit better for me. The Large felt a bit loose on me and I'll probably be down to 195 during race season anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Which QR Wetsuit should I get [reblAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my main concern. I expect that I will get down to 195 myself. Maybe I'll just get the ML. Does the ML fit you now, at 205 Lbs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah...it fits well at 205. It may be a little tight in the chest, but not constrictive for me. The L also was a bit long in overall length for me so it felt a bit loose in some areas and the sleeves and legs were bunched up a little bit at the ends. I spoke with them on the phone as well, and they suggested a ML...which fits me like a glove.
Quote Reply
Re: Which QR Wetsuit should I get [reblAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHere did you get yours from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the ML from Jhendric....a poster here. He had a bunch that he was selling at cost. I got the L from preowned bikes...it was the previous year model (same sizing though). Both offered me a refund if it didn't fit, so it worked out well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got mine from a shop in England called Total Fitness Bath. Small shop, but very nice indeed. Highly recommended. Take a Virgin Atlantic flight to Heathrow and then 01:45 on the Great Western train. Nice restaurants, pubs, shops and architecture. I particularly recommend FishWorks. And for Americans tourists and fat children - they also have KFC and MacDonald’s.

Tom Demerly necessarily exists, Tom’s essence is existence Tom’s essence is perfect, and therefore Tom’s perfection implies that Tom must exist. Since Tom is infinite substance, no attribute which expresses the essence of substance can be denied of Tom . Every being has its being in Tom. Nothing can come into being or exist without Tom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2003 hydrofull I think (blue body, black arms and legs: the middle level model)

It's a bit too big: I have a Medium. I'm 5-10 and 155. It bunches up a bit around the thighs and armpits. No biggie, but it would fit a 5-10 170 guy or even a 6-0 170 guy better, I think. The zipper can be a pain when it comes totally undone ... It's plenty fast and floaty ... Feels like a full body life jacket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use both the UltraFull and an 03 Sleeveless(QR)..they're awesome suits.
I tried the SuperFull...nice , but not $ 100.00 nice IMO.

My background is swimming...so I'm right there in a FOP-top MOP pace.
I'm doing less early season races than ever...so I tend to use the sleeveless more..its my favorite since I have a fairly fast turnover rate.

The Large should work...ML might be a bit tight and hot in the summer temps.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply