Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which Aerobar?
Quote | Reply
Hi all

I currently ride a Profile design Aeria and a Zipp SLSprint 12deg stem. I am maxed out with that in how low I can go in the front, thus looking for a different aerobar/stem option without having to go to a smaller bike frame. Maybe an aerobar that has the pads pretty much on the bar? I would love to get some ideas from all of you what products I should consider. THANKS!
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aerobar? [Schubi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Syntace flatforce or FSA SLK-20 stem will get you significantly lower.
Aeria Evo bracket will be available in ~1mth to vastly increase the adjustability of the Aeria bar and add tilt.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aerobar? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a pleasant suprise - (I have the PD Aeria carbon as well).

Can you reveal what adjustment will the Aeria Evo bracket bring, apart from the tilt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the pro missile bars with the pads directly on the bar, def taking some getting used to, but will prob be faster once i'm comfortable.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Syntace flatforce or FSA SLK-20 stem will get you significantly lower.
Aeria Evo bracket will be available in ~1mth to vastly increase the adjustability of the Aeria bar and add tilt.

This intrigues me. Any pics you can share?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently using a Specialized Comp Multi Stem ind the 24d format. This allows you to choose between -20 and -28d in 2d increments. For $50, you get a lot of options to try.

I will be switching to the SLK20 when I start riding the TT bike again. Although it's a -20 degree stem, with its 20mm stack height, it's actually a little lower than the Specialized at -28, assuming I did the math (and drawing) correctly. This will allow me to get a smidge lowered pedestal my bars, hopefully making me a little more aero.
Last edited by: FatandSlow: Jun 25, 18 21:41
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aerobar? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Which Aerobar? [mrt77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrt77 wrote:
Can you reveal what adjustment will the Aeria Evo bracket bring, apart from the tilt?

The same adjustment style as all the other new gen brackets. Will work with old armrests, but better to get Ergo or Race to get the 7.5mm reach increments and 18.5mm width increments. Can go narrow in a way the old bracket couldn't - to nearly touching for armrests.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So this new Aeria Evo bracket will work with the first generation Aeria bars to now provide tilt adjustment?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. How much tilt will you get out of those brackets and can you mount them directly on the basebar?
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aerobar? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10deg, yes the spacer can be removed. It was just in for my wife to do the ride in a HIM in January as her post baby goal (bars were good, she didn't appreciate the distance and taking 2.40ish very much).

Stack is pretty much the same as the old bracket - 2mm lower. The new armrests have a little more stack though.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aerobar? [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is precisely what it was made for.
There are so many Aeria 1 bars out there, and a couple of bikes that use the Aeria 1 brackets, that it seemed like a good idea to offer an upgrade path so that riders don't have to replace a perfectly good basebar.

I imagine Slowman will have an article about this next month when they become available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome news - thanks for bringing this to our collective attention.
It will be great to get the tilt function back on my shiv (without having to spend $700 on a new bar setup).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So it looks like these are available in Australia now but not anywhere else.
Also I guess I hadn't realized before that these new brackets will require the extensions to be cut to length rather than being able to slide all the way through the bracket, so allowing some fine tuning of reach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you show where wires would exit those extensions? I’m considering Subsonic clipons with 35a and can’t tell if wires can exit where they normally would out the back of an extension
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aerobar? [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're landing in the USA in the next few weeks as far as I'm aware.
Some areas air freighted a few units to get them sooner

There is 40mm of space behind the min insert. So it's usually best to cut the extension such that you're in the middle of that adjustment range.

Quote Reply
Re: Which Aerobar? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The subsonic has the same socket style extension mount as the Aeria Evo Tilt bracket discussed in this thread. So there is a hole and channel in the bracket to allow the cable to route cleanly over the top of the bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool - thanks for the update
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aerobar? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI the Evo Bracket Kit is now available on the Profile Design website if you were interested in it.
I just ordered a set - $165.99 (incl, shipping).
Quote Reply