Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to buy old bikes?
Quote | Reply
Looking for a project to rebuild ...something steel 25+ years old? Would like an old Pinarello? Where is the best place other than eBay to look for stuff like this?
Quote Reply
Re: Where to buy old bikes? [yikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Colnago Master that I am selling. Early/ mid 80's. I bought it to build up as a project bike. But, I have to pay divorce lawyer instead! I bought it on ebay from a seller in the Netherlands. The bike has never been built up. Colnago Gilco tubing. Chrome Precisa fork. Royal blue. Sculpted, chrome lugs. Ritchey Logic headset. Pro number holder on top tube. Beautiful! I hate to sell it, but I must. I am asking $900. I also have a pair of Rolf Vector Pro tubular wheels to go with it. $200 with Tufo tires and skewers.

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to buy old bikes? [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
try ebay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pinkbike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On-line: Go to Bike Forums. Select the Classic and Vintage Forum. Then select Classic and Vintage Sales. Steel is very real there.

Brick and Mortar (and maybe on-line): Sic Transit Cycles, Ann Arbor, MI. These guys bought several of my 70s steel frames plus an old Sling Shot. Wonderful shop for vintage stuff.

Good luck!
Quote Reply