Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Where do put your phone while running?
Quote | Reply
Just wondering what people use to hold their phone while running?

Any feedback with using quad lock?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Where do put your phone while running? [nechris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My car

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the kitchen benchtop....
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Nov 15, 20 23:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
on charge at home - why do you need a phone when you run ?
Quote Reply
Re: Where do put your phone while running? [erik haas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as they said ^^^

An iphone gets surprisingly heavy very quickly if you're holding it or it's swinging in a pocket. And I don't even want to think about the horrendous tan shapes of those arm band holders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as above - i leave it at home.
i sometimes carry a phone on long, long trail runs - i guess for safety? in that case i'm running with a backpack anyway, so it just gets tossed in there with all the other stuff.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nechris wrote:

Thanks

Anywhere but on my person.

On another note, quad lock is what I use when riding & I find it pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something like this. This is the least annoying form of transporting my mobile that I have found so far.

Quote Reply
Re: Where do put your phone while running? [malte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If i really have to take it SpiBelt, sits nicely middle of the lower back. Preferably on my desk at home.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do put your phone while running? [PiledHigher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of those:
https://www.salomon.com/...elt.html#color=58884

brilliant little thing! Always have it on me, I also have some keys and spare cash stashed in it. In summer it's also nice to transport some liquid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take my phone with me - for music, and to be able to reach somebody (or be reached) for any reason.

I've tried a few different options and this is what I always use now. Wired earphones and amazon music - I have some measure of control over the music player using my Garmin Vivoactive 3, just load up a playlist before I put the phone in the armband. I've tried some of these armbands with a clear window to be able to control the phone direct, and they all seem frankly toss to me.

Cheers, Rich.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my wrist... Apple Watch with cell service

The few times I’ve used it to make a call I was really surprised by how good the sound quality was.
Last edited by: 7401southwick: Nov 16, 20 3:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used both the on arm neoprene sleeve styles and now a quad lock as well as the stretchy belts shown above. None are perfect but I've become used to the quad lock. I would happily buy it again.

Neoprene sleeve
-comfortable
-clear plastic touch screen access was terrible
-in humid or wet weather it would fog up

Belt
-pretty good but with a large phone (Galaxy S10) but my Bluetooth headphones would cut in and out when using it.

Quad lock
-easy to fit and remove the phone
-not as secure fit as the neoprene sleeve
-phone is held off the arm so it does slap sometimes with the force of running but I've gotten used to it by now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheap stretchy waist belt like the Spibelt for a few dollars on Ebay. I tend to run off road so need a phone in case of emergency.
Plus you must carry your phone so that you can take all of those selfies for your Insta!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put it on my desk, when I run from home, or in a hidden place in my car when I run elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flipbelt type waistband from aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001089986588.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dLv9SR8

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to never carry my phone for multiple reasons but mainly because it's big (plus version) and I didn't like any of the carrying case options. But then realized it actually fit in the pocket in the liner of my run shorts (lululemon) on my quad. I bought a waterproof case to not worry about the sweating. It's perfect, you forget it's even there. No bouncing whatsoever. I will get a small spot of chafing where the bottom of the phone case edge kind pushes into the skin, but a well placed bandaid fixes that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I work in the medical field and I am on call 24/7/365 unless I get someone to cover me for vacation. I have an iPhone Max Pro 11 whatever boat anchor with a Mophie Juice Jacket phone case that makes it twice as heavy. The thing really is about as heavy as an F150. But I have days of power with conservative use.

I use a cheap stretchy belt and the phone sits in the small of my back just fine in a quart ziplock. Phone is waterproof-ish and the battery case maybe not so much. Long runs I wear a Salomon Sense 8 pros set vest or something like that with the phone in the bladder pocket. The bonus to belts and vests is baby wipes and food also fit.

I also use Aftershox headphones so if I'm carrying that phone I might as well have endless music and between the music I own and Pandora and Prime Music I can run for days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always carry my phone running, in part for music and in part because of work.
I have used arm bands and waist belts before but in the last 12 months my go to have been the Fusion branded running tights (like compression shorts but not super compressive). They have a great side pockets that easily fit the largest of iPhones.....
Will post link below to what I use....
https://fmsports.com.au/...-short-tights-pocket
Quote Reply
Re: Where do put your phone while running? [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Galaxy Note 8 which is pretty hefty. I bought this inexpensive running belt. After a few runs, I really don't notice the phone.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FEAI1TC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Reply
Re: Where do put your phone while running? [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My car, are you in the middle of a desert or a rough part of town that you have to carry it?
Last edited by: SwimRun: Nov 16, 20 4:52
Quote Reply
Re: Where do put your phone while running? [malte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I carry it in a belt. Does not bother me at all and I have done some "fast" workouts (e.g. 16:40 5k, 2:45 marathon builds) not even feeling it's there. In the Summer, I turn it off and put in a plastic bag as I worry about battery overheating and moisture.

Don't understand the "leave it in the car" mentality, specially if you are running solo. Phones are quite convenient in cases of emergency. Last winter I sustained an acute ankle injury at the end of a long run in the middle of winter and was able to get an Uber within a minute instead of a miserable limp back home.

Another story: some old local runner actually had a heart attack during a tempo run. He is one of those stubborn old school fast dudes that does not even carry water during 20 mile runs in the middle of Summer. He was doing a tempo section late in a dark Fall evening when he started feeling bad but refused to stop until he was in really bad shape almost collapsed on a trail. Luckily, another runner with him had a phone, called an ambulance and saved his life. He sustained significant damage to his heart. If we would have been by himself, it could have been worse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually leave it at home but when my wife was close to due date or long runs she likes me to take it just in case. I hated it but now used to it. I use the FlipBelt and it’s pretty good. Doesn’t ride up too much and doesn’t impact anything. And again, I do not like running with things at all! But this is about as good as I have found.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Where do put your phone while running? [PiledHigher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PiledHigher wrote:
If i really have to take it SpiBelt, sits nicely middle of the lower back.

Spibelt

Why?

1. Just in case
2. I don't have a Garmin, so I'll use the GPS to measure new routes
3. Like MistressK, I enjoy taking pictures out there

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nechris wrote:

Thanks

If it is warm enough that I am wearing summer running gear, the phone is in the house.

When it gets cold, typically I am also running in the dark, that shirt has a pocket just for the phone and I carry it simply because I am running in the dark alone. It isn't that I'm afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of what's out there in the dark.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply

Prev Next