Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where can I get the New Cervelo R2.5?
Quote | Reply
Hi ppl out there, I'm wondering if there's any place online that I can get the Cervelo R2.5 2004 version now? I'm thinking between the P3 and the R2.5 and I would like to know where can I get them online since I live in Hong Kong and there are no bike shops carring cervelo brand bikes. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Where can I get the New Cervelo R2.5? [stephen283] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P3 and a R2.5?

I have to ask... These are two extremely different bikes meant for very different purposes... What exactly are you basing your decision on?

As for where to get the bike, the best bet is emailing cervelo directly they are very good about replying to email and they will be able to tell you where to look. They would also be able to tell you who woul dbe able to ship to you... I would imagine that mailorder companies are restricte in where they are allowed to ship to...

Good Luck...

PS. www.cervelo.com
Quote Reply
Re: Where can I get the New Cervelo R2.5? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your reply taku, well I was thinking of getting the P3 to do some triathlons, but due to the road conditions in Hong Kong, i might be better off with a R2.5 as I think that I can ride hills better with it, well if i'm gettin the P3, i'm going to change it to road bars and just add an aerobar onto it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can't get one yet. The product does not exist at the retail level yet. We've had some on order since September of 2002 (not 2003). When the finished product is available, it is likely to be worth the wait though.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Where can I get the New Cervelo R2.5? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh i see...Sounds like the only solution is to go with the P3 with road bars then, thx.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nooo....your solution is to get a road bike that will allow you to comfortably train in bad roads. A P3 with road bars is an abomination!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree w/ KingK. Don't put road bars on a P3! It's a time trial frame, not a road frame. I'm sure your handling would be affected by doing this. Your solution seems simple. You sound like you're set on Cervelo. You want road bars due to your terrain. You want to do some tri's as well.

Get a soloist. It's made to suit your needs.
Quote Reply
Re: Where can I get the New Cervelo R2.5? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Putting drops on a P3 is like putting a Wonderbra on a Nun: It doesn't belong there, isn't made for that and probably won't work becasue of some bad habits anyway. And exactly like that, just thinking about is just plain wrong. Do push-ups until I get tired for even considering it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Where can I get the New Cervelo R2.5? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll have to agree with all of you on misusing a P3 like that. If you had set up the bike fit properly for tri's, but added road race bars, your upper body would be way too low when in the drops. Too low to be useful. Prolly a little dangerous too!

Stick with the std aerobars and enjoy the steeper seat angle for the HK mountains...

-----------------------
Proud member of Team Tooth Pick (TTP): like a leaf in the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: Where can I get the New Cervelo R2.5? [powergyoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most triathletes only use the drop part of drop bars when descending anyway. For cornering and climbing, one would use the hoods position. While I agree that drop bars would look ugly on a P3, there is no reason it won't work. There is a certain triathlete/coach in Western NC who is quite proficient and rides a P3 with drop bars. And he has yet to spontaneously combust, even when he rides his other death trap (a Soloist).

I've noticed a tendency on the part of some on this board to dramatically overstate bike handling issues. Yes, a bike with a steeper rake than original will handle a little twitchier. Yes, a bike with a shallower rake will handle a little slower and may be subject to wheel flop or toe overlap. Yes, a bike with a forward seatpost will handle differently and put more weight on the front wheel. But geez, you would have to be an idiot to crash on account of any of these things.
Quote Reply
Re: Where can I get the New Cervelo R2.5? [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, so its a P3T. Doesn't look too bad though.

Quote Reply