Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman???
Quote | Reply
He’s called it Ironman distance Challenge Roth a bunch. I can’t believe they haven’t seen him s letter. Perhaps IM is slipping???

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [T.Skelton3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slow training day? Kids out of town?
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kids
Yes

Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In all seriousness, I remember a local race here was calling it self a “half iron distance” triathlon and VERu quickly got a letter from IM.

Is that because they were trying to organize a race, I guess?

Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [T.Skelton3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.dynamicraceevents.com/...-half-iron-aquabike/

As long as you don't put the "man" in there you're golden.
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they just called it a “half distance”. Man wasn’t in at all. Hmmm.

Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He actually called it Ironman Challenge Roth once
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vittorio wrote:
That is because he is a cringeworthy idiot.To be fair though if he didn't keep throwing in the "Ironman" or "Iron" most of the people he connects with wouldn't have a clue about the Roth distances,or Roth,or Challenge,or where Germany is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either (1) he’s not organizing an event or (2) they realize he’s actually promoting the brand quite a lot and for free.

Yes, he’s making money by uttering those words that shall not be uttered. However, WTC is ultimately benefiting more than TT is benefitting from those utterances.
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vittorio wrote:

Roth used to be known as Ironman Germany.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T.Skelton3 wrote:
I think they just called it a “half distance”. Man wasn’t in at all. Hmmm.

Just don't call it a 70.3. Then you'll be in deep doo doo...

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who cares?

“The answer is hard work. What are you doing on Christmas Eve? Are you riding your bike? January 1st – are you riding your bike?”- Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T.Skelton3 wrote:
He’s called it Ironman distance Challenge Roth a bunch. I can’t believe they haven’t seen him s letter. Perhaps IM is slipping???

As if they would waste time sending a letter. Jezzz

Anyway he has more issues. Looks like from the results he has dnf after finishing the swim.

http://datev-challenge-roth.r.mikatiming.de/2019/

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's more interesting is why he hasn't passed a timing mat after a decent non-wetsuit swim in 1h04'..
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said exactly the same thing in the post above you. Wtf?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your post didn't show yet when I opened the topic since they're only 3minutes apart
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: Jul 7, 19 1:57
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
T.Skelton3 wrote:

As if they would waste time sending a letter. Jezzz

Anyway he has more issues. Looks like from the results he has dnf after finishing the swim.http://datev-challenge-roth.r.mikatiming.de/2019/[/quote[/url]].

That Ventum bike of his is so awesome that it left T1 without him.... :-)
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
What's more interesting is why he hasn't passed a timing mat after a decent non-wetsuit swim in 1h04'..

It was wetsuit legal for Age Groupers, non-wetsuit for Pros.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took you 3 minutes to write a sentence?
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It took me 3 minutes to read all the posts in the topic before his was added, yes.

According tot social media his tracker malfunctioned and he's still on the course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be fair. I'm getting really annoyed when people say 'Did you do an Ironman.' Like no, fuck Iroman adn their weird ass brand and the funny people with funny tattoo's with a commercial brand on their arms and legs. Only these attacks on Taren are starting to look like cyber bullying. Please stop doing this. Don't we triathletes have more important and more positive stuff to discuss? Sometimes this forum has such a high Waldorf and Statler feeling.
Quote Reply
Re: When is Triathlon Taren going to get cease and desist from ironman??? [pointless_chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pointless_chip wrote:
To be fair. I'm getting really annoyed when people say 'Did you do an Ironman.' Like no, fuck Iroman adn their weird ass brand and the funny people with funny tattoo's with a commercial brand on their arms and legs. Only these attacks on Taren are starting to look like cyber bullying. Please stop doing this. Don't we triathletes have more important and more positive stuff to discuss? Sometimes this forum has such a high Waldorf and Statler feeling.

Do you offer an English translation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
It took me 3 minutes to read all the posts in the topic before his was added, yes.

You should start typing as soon as you click 'reply'. Better yet, open another tab with the thread and pause typing every 15 seconds to refresh the thread lest you commit the terrible sin of making a redundant post or not responding to the latest post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:

According tot social media his tracker malfunctioned and he's still on the course.

Really? That's awesome, I like that guy a lot actually! GO TAREN!!
Last edited by: cmart: Jul 7, 19 4:32
Quote Reply

Prev Next