Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
When does IM Florida sell out
Quote | Reply
I am planning on doing IM Florda in 2015. I saw today that the 2014 event has already sold out (it's in november).

When does this event usually sell out?
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [TriHost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About 33 seconds after it opens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, your best bet is to get down to PCB and get in line at 0430. My wife and I got there super early and we were still about thirty people back.
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [Brandon_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandon_W wrote:
Yeah, your best bet is to get down to PCB and get in line at 0430. My wife and I got there super early and we were still about thirty people back.

I live in The Netherlands (Europe) so not really an option to go to PCB. Do I have a chance when I try to register online?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, I see. Well, unfortunately, active.com will sell out in less than a minute. The best bet is to get every computer or laptop in your home to log into active.com and hit the "register" button like crazy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HHmmmm......will look into a 2nd choice IM then just in case :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if you volunteer there you get a spot for the following year (still have to pay). Could be mistaken though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While general entry spots sell out immediately, ironman foundation slots usually take a bit longer. Still very fast but not quite seconds or minutes. I think the foundation slots sold out in a few hours.

I registered by purchasing a promo deal they were offering last year. I registered for Augusta 70.3 and Florida full under the promo package deal. I want to say it was offered race week last year for this year.
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [buck_shot11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do we anticipate this offer again?

I'm signed up to volunteer for IMFL for will probably want to do Augusta again as a warm up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got in this year by getting the package with Augusta 70.3 which sold a couple of days before the race.
Figured the extra entry fee for Augusta was cheaper than me driving out there, paying for the hotel, volunteering, standing in line etc...
I might even race Augusta anyway so it's cool either way
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is really no cheaper than just buying a foundation slot. If I'm not mistaken, they offered a similar deal with Arizona and a 70.3, that I don't remember. I would imagine if they got the response they were looking for, they would certainly offer again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTC also works with a few companies that sell packages. Here is a link to one of them. Perhaps others here can point to additional companies.

http://www.endurancesportstravel.com/

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No real reason to get in line early. The people that showed up 10 minutes before on site registration closed got in. As did people online.

I'd say be on site, but no need to be early or even volunteer.
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2.

I don't think, in the history of WTC races, that there has been a time when a volunteer has been denied a spot whether that volunteer was first, middle, or last in line. The only reason that you should be in line early is that you have somewhere to go later on in the day ... like catching a flight.

IM Chattanooga sold out online within a minute this year, yet 1500 people still got slots when it opened online. Just be fast and ready to roll when it opens :)

Quote | Reply
If you're a Gold AWA you'll get priority entry for 2015.
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
I got in this year by getting the package with Augusta 70.3 which sold a couple of days before the race.
Figured the extra entry fee for Augusta was cheaper than me driving out there, paying for the hotel, volunteering, standing in line etc...

No. Augusta has already sold out too.
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpicedRum wrote:
No real reason to get in line early. The people that showed up 10 minutes before on site registration closed got in. As did people online.

I'd say be on site, but no need to be early or even volunteer.

x2 or whatever. No need to get in the on site registration line super early. You'll be able to walk up with no line after an hour or so of it being open.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [CPA_Triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPA_Triathlete wrote:
sp1ke wrote:

No. Augusta has already sold out too.

Augusta 70.3 2015 has already sold out? that was fast..
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chattanooga could be the next Florida
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the best possible way to get registered for that race is by volunteering the year before and then going to on-site registration after race day. It's a madhouse!

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [chanthony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Volunteer slots appear to be full already this year....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buck_shot11 wrote:
While general entry spots sell out immediately, ironman foundation slots usually take a bit longer. Still very fast but not quite seconds or minutes. I think the foundation slots sold out in a few hours.

So when I am willing to pay double the fee I have a pretty good chance?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes that is exactly right. but you can look at it two ways: 1) paying double, they are just screwing me 2) paying no more than what i would have cost to go volunteer, get a hotel and feed myself for the weekend. and don't forget having to stand in line for a couple of hours to pay the general entry price. while i certainly don't have money to blow, i would rather pay for a foundation slot than do all of the other stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buck_shot11 wrote:
yes that is exactly right. but you can look at it two ways: 1) paying double, they are just screwing me 2) paying no more than what i would have cost to go volunteer, get a hotel and feed myself for the weekend. and don't forget having to stand in line for a couple of hours to pay the general entry price. while i certainly don't have money to blow, i would rather pay for a foundation slot than do all of the other stuff.

I agree (and for me it's not an option to fly 8 hours to the States to volunteer ;-) )
Quote Reply
Re: When does IM Florida sell out [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bhc wrote:
WTC also works with a few companies that sell packages. Here is a link to one of them. Perhaps others here can point to additional companies.

http://www.endurancesportstravel.com/[/quote]

x2. Ken Glah gets slots to many races, and he does an awesome job, especially for out-of-country athletes. Well worth the slight mark-up on hotels, etc.

Sharon

Festina Lente
Quote Reply

Prev Next