Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel Question...
Quote | Reply
My front wheel keeps rubbing against brake pad after riding about an hour or so. This started after I got a flat last month. Any ideas before I take it in to my LBS for repairs. Oh yeah, my seat was too high I lowered it and it's still happening.

Mahalo,

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Question... [furndog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like your wheel is out of true. Take it to a shop - figure out the flats. And your seat it to low now.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Question... [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I will. And I raised the seat back up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is it seated in the drops properly?
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Question... [cacyclingfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as I can tell. I removed the wheel and reset it a couple of times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The key is your change is seat height, you need to lower your seat 5 cm per ride until the problem goes away. You also might try changing shorts or buying a new helmet. Have you considered redecorating your living room as well?

Seriously, if your wheel is not rubbing against the brakes when you start but rubs after riding for a while, either your wheel is moving in the dropouts or your front brake is decentering for some reason. It would be unusual for the front wheel to move, it's more common on the rear due to chain tension, but not impossible. Make sure your quick release is good and tight. It's more likely your brake is moving, the cable or housing could be shifting or binding and pulling the brake off center or your brake may need some maintenance, make sure the bolt that attaches it to the fork is tight and that there is no binding of the calipers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel Question... [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultegra brakes.
Quote Reply