Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What to look in a first wetsuit purchase?
Quote | Reply
I bet thios has been asked millions of time and I know the answer. Which ever fits best! But What if we do not have to try everything on, for example out only option is online and no local store carries it. I do not want to do 25 different returns and exchanges, all I need is to start with small tips. For example, currently I am 165 (which goes down to 160-162) at 5 10 tall. Pants size 32 with 32 or 30 inseam. Whick brands are more suitable for my size? I am in the "entry level" market so something around $200.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: What to look in a first wetsuit purchase? [aliengin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got an ironman wetsuit online by using their sizing charts and an e-mail to the company. Mine fits great with no returns. Thye were very helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finding the right size suit isn't too hard. The manufacturer sizing charts work extremely well. That said, I can help you. Check my post on the Classifieds forum: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

I've got quite a few suits that will fit you. Feel free to send me a Private Message if you have questions.

Cheers,
Jason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh, boy, you're going to get a thousand different opinions on this one. let me be first. i am 5'11", 160 with a 31 inseam. i recently traded in my orca sleevelss for a desoto t1. i only raced once on it last year (imlp) but i set a pr (ok, could have been the fact that i went from sleeveless to full). i bought it online so i didn't try it on but it fits great. nobody has better customer service than desoto - you can call or email him personaly and get a quick and helpful response. the deals right now are incredible too. good luck!
tom d has a review on his site by the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Narrow it down to what you want and then call the company and give them your measurements. They know how their suits fit. I did this with my promotion suit and it fiots perfectly. www.wetsuit.com

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply