Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What this forum is all about...FINALLY FIGURED OUT PICS ( I think)
Quote | Reply
So, many of you helped me out with some great replies when I was looking to surprise my GF with some skis for Christmas. I had no idea whatsoever about skiing and a lot of you were very helpful with some ideas and opinions and I really appreciate it.

But, there was one individual that really helped me out more than a person could ever ask. Dbeitel was incredible with unlimited knowledge and generosity. First he set me up with a ski shop in Golden (Alpenglow) that was absolutely incredible. They took my GF and completely fit her for skis and boots without missing a beat. I don't know a damn thing about skis or boots and he (Chris at Alpenglow) put everything into layman's terms as he was working on her boots and skis. After three hours of very specific attention, we were on our way to meet Dbeitel at Loveland to ski. By the way, if you are ever in Golden and need anything ski-wise, take a trip to Alpenglow. They are awesome.

As soon as we get to Loveland, Dbeitel meets me and hooks me up with a ski suit that will keep me warm (I am from Phoenix so I guess the t-shirt and shorts wasn't going to work!). Then the fun began as he was attempting to try to teach me to ski as my GF was trying out her new skis and boots. His patience and the ability to break it down for me was incredible. Did I turn into a good skier? Hell no but he made it fun as hell for me. My GF was thrilled to death with being in Colorado and skiing and I was thrilled to death attempting to ski and also making a good friend.

Once the day ended, I was battered and the GF was cold and Dbeitel was nice enough to sit down and chat with us for a little bit. I can not tell you how much fun we had in a short amount of time. He was great to talk to and we had a hoot. Besides being a very good skiier/instructor, he is a damn good triathlete as well. Anyone that owns over 10 bikes is ok in my book!!

Dbeitel, in front of everyone on this forum, I wanted to thank you so very much for your generosity and turning something that could have been a disaster into an incredible experience. I consider you a good friend and you and your family are welcome at my house any day if you want to get out of the snow and thaw out. You are a huge example of why I continue to lurk/post on this forum. Thank you once again my friend.

Picture to follow as soon as I can figure it out!!
Last edited by: briantryintri: Dec 27, 05 9:28
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are several good friendships on this forum - many invisible to the masses - and it is my opinion and belief - that many of us consider each other friends - even though some of us have never met and may never meet.

On the other hand - some of us hate each other and hope never to meet - but will quite possible end up sitting on a plane one day - and realize that the person sitting next to you is that one person from ST you really had no desire to meet.

What a great story though - glad you guys had a blast!
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you and unfortunately I did meet SAC!! All kidding aside, I have met some great people on this forum and there are not a whole lot of people that I would not like to meet. The generosity on here is unbelievable. I know some sketchy things have happened on here recently but, just like the local news, we can always use a nice 'feel good' story and this is one. You won't meet a better guy than Dbeitel.
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dbeitel wanted to put on a xc ski camp this winter. Hope he still considers it. Pretty cool that he hooked you and your GF up.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would it be too much for me (us) to aks you to post multiple pics of the GF? :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'Hooked us up' just doesn't seem to describe it enough. Awesome guy. He turned something I have never done into something fun. By the way, if any of you like to go fast on the bike but have never skiied, try it. Granted I was not going fast at all, but it was fun as hell!
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course it would but I knew that was coming.
Last edited by: briantryintri: Dec 21, 05 11:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brian: I'm humbled. Thank you for the opportunity to make a new friend. You took a large chance that a weekend like would be a bust. I'm really glad you and the GF had a great time. You were great on the skiis! Even though I don't think that you'll fall as many times , next time though you might want to consider bringing a pillow from the Inn! I hope that bruise does not slow down the training for Arizona!

I'll be looking forward to the next lesson! Hopefully the Wife will be with us.

And, yes, bottomfeeder, I would like to still put on a Nordic (XC) camp, and maybe even a winter tri camp
Last edited by: Dbeitel: Dec 21, 05 12:39
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: briantryintri: Dec 27, 05 9:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian,

http://file:/...Beitel%20and%20I.JPG

Links to your local system and unless you have a webserver, we are not going to be able to see the image you tried to post. Take a moment and navigate to this site - http://www.tinypic.com/ - TinyPic.com is a free image hosting site and will allow you to 'upload' the image using the browse button on the webpage. Once you have located the image, selecting the 'Host Picture' button will then upload the image to TinyPic's webserver and then you can copy and paste the hosted URL so that we can see the image.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[URL=http://img251.imageshack.us/...avebeitelandi5vs.jpg][/url]

Hopefuly this will work.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

There we go!!!
Last edited by: briantryintri: Dec 27, 05 9:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're in good shape Brian :D

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
On the other hand - some of us hate each other and hope never to meet -
I cant beleive that - just cause my politics may not match anothers...there is not a person here I would not want to meet at a race. Well, Maybe HeavyD...but he is about the only one. Oddly, the ones I fight with the most I also respect the most - driven people who stand behind their morals.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, I'm down about 15 pounds since the last time you saw me. That damn coach and his 'food police policy" is killing me!! Hope all is well with you my friend. See you in April????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, you look good!!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Amazing what some spray paint will do for a fella!!!
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I truly think there are some folks on here that have absolutely no desire to ever hear from, see or speak to - even in a forum, from particular others.

Not at ALL - implying it is you Chip - there are a few others though and they know who they are - you did touch on one of them!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April it is :D

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who is who in the photo?! I.e. are you on the left or the right in the photo?

Pain is temporary. Pride is forever.
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [SAMOK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, that probably would be good to know huh? Dbeitel is on the left and I am on the right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[insert whistle here] Damn, Brian! Look at you all buff and stuff! Someone's been putting in the hours! Nice work!

I was lucky w/ the first group of ST'er that I met in AZ last year...you are good for ST PR, Brian!
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [trigoneroadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You makin' me blush over here!!!! I had to lose some weight so I could hang out with all you hot chicks this year!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skiing was a great time. Brian's GF can really rip it up. Especially with the new rig Brian got her! Rumor has it that they are going to be on the frequent flyer program up to Denver. It will be fun to continue the lesson program.

Oh and, All right you guys, I get the hint. A little cold weather, a little bit being sick, 7 month old son, can't train for a few weeks and, well I know too many x-mas treats.....I promise to get back on the program!!!

But then again my 'A' race isn't until November next year!

BTW,Anyone up for a ST Ski Weekend in Colorado? I can get some good Group Rates at Arapahoe Basin. The snow is truly epic right now with more snow on the way!

I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas and will have a happy new year.
Quote Reply
Re: What this forum is all about...(pic to follow) [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not that you are out of shape Dave, it is more the fact that I finally look somewhat 'in' shape!!! Did you get your stuff from Alpenglow yet? Let me know the ST ski trip weekend. I am in! Also want to ask you a couple questions so check your e-mail.
Quote Reply

Prev Next