Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What the hell happened?
Quote | Reply
I did a strength training session on Tuesday and later that day it felt like I bruised my ribs. I work up Wednesday and they hurt like hell but I was able to bike and run. They were feeling better by Thursday and I went for a run Friday AM and all of sudden I was stopped dead in my tracks. I had to walk home in extreme pain. And today if I move or breathe funny I have extreme pain to the point I feel like I’m going to pass out. Did I just tear a muscle in the rib area or something? I’m so confused.
Quote Reply
Re: What the hell happened? [TRIDAVID2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to say based on limited information. Does it hurt when you press the ribs? Any changes, bruises or similar, visible? My suggestion would be to go to the ER.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call your doctor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could very well have torn/strained intercostal muscles. It can hurt that much. Or you could have something life threatening. Get checked out.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a string of intercostal muscle issues for a couple of years. Usually related to dehydration as far as I could tell. The pain was so intense I couldn't get out of bed for 2-3 days afterwards. For several days after that my torso contorted itself into a weird shape to alleviate pain. Very painful but, for me, self healing in a short time. Hydrate and warm up adequately before activity as you will be more prone to this happening again. For now rest, ice/heat, pain meds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get to a Dr. immediately. I had something like that, and it turned out to be a punctured lung, which can turn life threatening.
Quote Reply
Re: What the hell happened? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Get to a Dr. immediately. I had something like that, and it turned out to be a punctured lung, which can turn life threatening.

+1, I had a blood clot / pulmonary embolism with similar symptoms. Get looked at.
Quote Reply
Re: What the hell happened? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
trail wrote:

+1, I had a blood clot / pulmonary embolism with similar symptoms. Get looked at.

+2 - pretty much out of nowhere I felt like someone had slugged me in the right side of my ribcage with a bat.. bilateral PEs.
Quote Reply