Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What race would you like to do, but can't easily get into?
Quote | Reply
obviously this is the case for a lot of IM races. but, it might also be the case for a lot of other races. norseman, for example. so, other than kona, can you list the races you'd like to do if you had a pretty firm knowledge you could gain entry? any of you answering can list as many races as you want, as long as they are races you would very likely truly enter if you could gain entry.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: What race would you like to do, but can't easily get into? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Norseman.

Alpe d'Huez and Embrunman if they ever reach sellout status.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: What race would you like to do, but can't easily get into? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Norseman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy...Leadville 100 MTB race for me, hands down. Absolutely a bucket-list race for me and I'll likely never get there due to logistics of qualifying and no luck in things like the lottery. Sigh...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMAZ

We've got relatives 2 miles from transition. But good luck getting in. I guess I'll volunteer and stand in line after the race to register, like everyone else who really wants to race IMAZ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Western States 100
Quote Reply
Re: What race would you like to do, but can't easily get into? [kayano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xel-Ha. They went to a lottery this year. My dentist got in but 3rd year in a row I still had no luck.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suppose this depends on what is preventing me from gaining entry. There are plenty of races I would love to do but simply can't afford to travel to.
Quote Reply
Re: What race would you like to do, but can't easily get into? [mopey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roth sells out yes, but just sit at your computer when it opens, no problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No brainer.... Kona

(insert inspirational/witty/comical signature here)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roth is definitely number one on my list. With the invite a friend system they are putting in place for early registration it's making getting a spot that much harder. Norseman is a definite yes for me as well. Probably both races I'll try to finagle spots for in 2015.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Proud member of the GUCrew
Twitter: @tripigeon Blog: Ironpigeon.com
Thoughts on AG sponsorships / community involvement: http://bit.ly/1dQlVDy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Norseman for sure. Ultraman. I would love to do some international marathons as well that have caps to US/ other countries. Like London. Berlin would be amazing too, but I don't know if they have restrictions.

Brian

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Survival of the Shawangunks.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Norseman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Alcatraz - logistics
Kona - talent

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Olympics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Norseman if I could get an entry.
Ultraman if I could afford logistics costs (support team etc).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently as far as one can be from qualifying, but in about 5-7 years I will still be obsessed with Badwater. By then I believe I will be serious about an entry.

===================================
I'll tell you all right now, my seat is too low, I'm not aero and I carry too much fluid on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Norseman
Ironman Japan
Escape from Alcatraz
Leadman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devil's Kit hen Duathlon; having a bitch of a time with this one!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hardrock 100 Miler is the first that comes to mind. I did apply unsuccessfully for entry about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that my body is up to that sort of running anymore.

I'm fortunate enough to have done 5 of the races mentioned by others on this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: What race would you like to do, but can't easily get into? [kayano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kayano wrote:
Western States 100

X2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy, Norseman.
If you try it once you are hooked for life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman Brasil. If you're registering the minute it opens, you have a shot. Trying to get two or three people in the same family registered requires everyone in the same room or on the phone, filling out the forms on different computers, then counting down to finalize at the same instant. We've tried two years running, but have had to abort because one or more people wouldn't get in. We'll try again next year to register for 2015.

Roth 2016 for three racers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next