Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What position is he riding at [pic]
Quote | Reply
And if not angle atleast if the seat is forward or back?

Quote Reply
Re: What position is he riding at [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are there 100 views and no one bothers to reply?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Freestyle,

I'm not even sure what bike that is. Might be the Madone. Might be custom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will take a stab, but its anyone's guess - seat is probably not turned forward. And likely its one size smaller than this rider would normally ride in a road bike config, either that or he has another much longer stem.

Re: What position is he riding at [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I meant was, do you think the seat is foward on the rails or not? Not if it's a forward hole or whatever.. sorry for the mix up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Small frame, 100mm stem, setback post (notice where the back of the saddle is relative to the bottom bracket).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not exactly sure of your question....

But, it looks to me that he's using a road bike in a smaller size to cut down the effective TT length. A typical UCI TT position...although not exactly all that aero.

My guess his effective ST angle is around 74, but riding forward on the saddle to around 75-76.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never mind angles and such..who is it?
Last edited by: Kentiger: Jan 14, 05 9:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You won't be able to tell shit about the angles when the photogragher took the pic with a fish eye lens. The pic becomes all distorted as it moves from center. Note how BIG he looks compared to the bike!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
        It's a Madone frame so let's say his seat angle is somewhat mild. But never mind that, look at that helmet. Where did he get it? Will the helmet be on the market soon?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Jan 14, 05 11:14
Quote Reply
Re: What position is he riding at [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It appears to be missionary position. Note that the hand position is either clasped in prayer or begging...
Quote Reply
Re: What position is he riding at [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure its Torrenzo Bozzone.

Probably in the Tauranga Half last week or the Taupo half in Dec.

See the bike splits coming out of that race - Kiran Doe and Stephen Sheldrake rode 2:04's and there were a few others under 2:10. Cameron Brown went about 2:13 and made noises about the front group riding as a peleton. Also the Tauranga course is seriously short - I got it at 86km in 2003 on the same speedo that had Taupo at 180.9 a few weeks later.

This is a four lap course and IMHO there is no excuse to be that short.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is nothing to reply to...

A poorly composed photo of a guy riding his bike with the question of "what position is he riding" is not answerable other then the silly ass answers you've received.
Quote Reply
Re: What position is he riding at [Russell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May not be too great as far as being able to analyse anything about his cycling position but it is definitely not a "poorly composed" photo.

I would go as far as to say I would be bloody stoked if someone came up with a photo from that angle of me in a race and would definitely buy it.

Most of the stuff you get from the rip off photo companies are pretty crap. You find yourself tucked away in a corner of the frame with 3 others and are expected to pay top dollar for it.
Last edited by: Diamond Adam: Jan 14, 05 10:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
never mind angles and such..who is it?
I thought you already had a boyfriend!
Quote Reply
Re: What position is he riding at [Russell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fine here's a different photo, can you tell me anything about this one?

edit: or this one

Last edited by: freestyle: Jan 14, 05 10:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think his position is the seated one ;-)

(sorry, it's because of SAC)
Quote Reply
Re: What position is he riding at [Diamond Adam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]May not be too great as far as being able to analyse anything about his cycling position but it is definitely not a "poorly composed" photo. /reply]

In the context of a position discussion, it's is of little value. Otherwise it is a nice photo.

I don't like static pictures for fit analysis as there are too many varibles and too many answers from people who "learned" fit from the replies to questions like this. If one wants to be fit or have their position critiqued, go get fit. What a funny bunch we are...we think nothing of dropping $1500 on wheels, $200 on entry but absolutely balk at spending a couple of large on fit. Just my .02
Quote Reply
Re: What position is he riding at [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well of course I do..I was just askin is all..and if you go telling him about this thread I will deny it and delete all my posts..aren't Monks supposed to undergo a vow of of silence or something (guess that doesn't apply to typing quietly does it?) Just go out and smack yourself in the head with a large book like the monks in The Holy Grail..you bad man
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: LarryCalifornia: Jan 14, 05 15:04
Re: What position is he riding at [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of toe clearance. I ride 180mm cranks with a size 47 shoe. My toes hit the front wheel when the cranks are at about 2 and 8 and I'm standing still waiting for a light. I can get my toe "stuck" on the front wheel. So, I have to be careful. Never noticed it hit when I'm riding.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The picture does prove that no matter what aero gurus say. Aero helmets are goofy ass looking things.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a cool photo and this thread totally made me laugh.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next