Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What lies ahead for Frodo?
Quote | Reply
With next year's season looming what's next for Frodo. Patrick goes back to back, Frodos hip becomes an issue and it appears Lionel got a coach.
Will we get the Kona we all hoped for this yr?
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's been, I think, more active on social media than before. Maybe he's just got more time on his hands but it does at least appear to me he isn't throwing in the towel.

My prediction is that he arrives to Kona healthy but one of the star competitors doesn't, whether it be lange, gomez, or the other guy. I'd like to believe that brownlee will make an attempt (my bet is he doesn't) but even if he does, then he will be the one to DNS.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mordor!
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
Mordor!

😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beating the one that shall not be named :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
Mordor!

:-)

Frodo against "the one that shall not be named", make sense
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
Mordor!

I just spit a bit of my coffee out when I read that

well done
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
Mordor!

well done

Frodo: I wish I hadn’t broken my hip.

Mark Allen the Grey: So do all who live to see such injuries. All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us.

Smeagol Sanders: My preciousssss! We hates the Germanses! They stole it from us!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frodo decides to eat meat again and trolls Lange and Sanders with steak eating pics on his Instagram all year. Then he crushes their dreams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My prediction, no one from this years podium makes next years podium. Frodo will be on the podium but not on the top, and we will see run times a lot faster than we have before.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that British guy that came 3rd for the last two years, earning a total of 13 seconds of TV time for those efforts, is still on the podium next year and still gets no TV time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
With next year's season looming what's next for Frodo. Patrick goes back to back, Frodos hip becomes an issue and it appears Lionel got a coach.
Will we get the Kona we all hoped for this yr?

He will be back in Kona.

Unsure if he will win, but he will toe the line.

It was be his last Kona win, podium, finish, or DNF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
y_nigel wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
Mordor!

well done

Frodo: I wish I hadn’t broken my hip.

Mark Allen the Grey: So do all who live to see such injuries. All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us.

Smeagol Sanders: My preciousssss! We hates the Germanses! They stole it from us!

LMAO!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
My prediction, no one from this years podium makes next years podium. Frodo will be on the podium but not on the top, and we will see run times a lot faster than we have before.

Cody!

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ToBeasy wrote:
oscaro wrote:

Cody!

Has he made his intentions clear?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We seen people come back from paralysis and other crazies, but hip injuries seem to be game enders. He went out with a bang at least - GOAT
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
I think that British guy that came 3rd for the last two years, earning a total of 13 seconds of TV time for those efforts, is still on the podium next year and still gets no TV time.

yup!!! and this i can not understand!!!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
ToBeasy wrote:
oscaro wrote:

Cody!

Has he made his intentions clear?

I spoke to somebody who is friendly with Cody - a friend, a fan, and a pretty decent long distance athlete himself - and this person opined that he thinks Cody will win Kona next year or the year after. And winning obviously implies being there.

But if that prediction comes to pass I'm gonna be so effing drunk that night in October it's not funny anymore. Because I may be Canadian, and would cheer for a Lionel victory, but my allegiance solidly lies with Cody.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ToBeasy wrote:
oscaro wrote:

Cody!

That would really get Lionel going. I know they are friends and have raced together for years, but if Cody came in and won, what would Lionel do?
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
ToBeasy wrote:
oscaro wrote:

Cody!

That would really get Lionel going. I know they are friends and have raced together for years, but if Cody came in and won, what would Lionel do?

Leave canyon and ride for ventum:)
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sat beside Cody at the Triathlon Ontario awards banquet this weekend. We all know he took his spot. From what he said, he's 99.5% going to Kona. Confidence is at an all-time high. Roll with it!!
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [drluke12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has he ever raced against Frodo or Patrick? Is there any kind of consensus on how he would stack Up.
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
We seen people come back from paralysis and other crazies, but hip injuries seem to be game enders. He went out with a bang at least - GOAT
It wasn't actually his hip though, it was around his SIJ the hip joint itself will be fine. It's not an uncommon site for stress fractures and he should recover fine with rest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Has he ever raced against Frodo or Patrick? Is there any kind of consensus on how he would stack Up.

Well, possibly the best way to assess this is comparing him to Matt Russell. Cody beat Matt by 11 minutes in Chatt and Matt finished 6th OA in Kona? That would certainly motivate me to go for a podium level placing in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: What lies ahead for Frodo? [drluke12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drluke12 wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Well, possibly the best way to assess this is comparing him to Matt Russell. Cody beat Matt by 11 minutes in Chatt and Matt finished 6th OA in Kona? That would certainly motivate me to go for a podium level placing in Kona.

I know I said it this past year and then multiple people having crashes and horrible injuries as well as guys like Frodo having to bow out but next year could be wild if everyone gets their healthy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next