Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What is your day job?
Quote | Reply
I am just curious to see what others do around here. Actually, I am looking for options for a different career since I looked really deep and my heart just doesn't want to be in a cube all day long.

So, what do you do for your main job?

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: What is your day job? [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currently, I am a contract negotiator for a large accounting firm. However, I will be leaving this job on Friday and will be doing the same job, only now for a global enterprise software company.

--------
Canadian resident again 10/31/2009
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sell Enterprise Data Storage Solutions ---- from a cube
Last edited by: sjd: Feb 16, 05 5:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My day job is being a soldier, training for war, and often wishing for the comforts of a nicely air conditioned office. Grass is always greener, I guess. Good luck.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chiropractor working out of a home based office in the boonies. That's why I post so much. Just leave the computer on all day and post between patients.
Quote Reply
Re: What is your day job? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Martial arts instructor. It's a kick!

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Advertising weasel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sell bike stuff, work on bikes, race bikes, and drive around finding more people to sell it to. The job has ridiculous hours 60-80 a week and aweful pay, as an independent rep, I get about 4.4% of my annual gross sales with NO other compensation for gas, hotel, material costs.

I love my job and wll keep doing it as long as my wife can support us.

-sD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a mechanical engineer doing scientific research in computational fluid dynamics. I'm about to finish my PhD (hopefully before the training camp, LOL...)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: What is your day job? [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why? So people can call you "Dr. Sousa"?

That sounds a lot like Dr. Seuss LOL
Last edited by: freestyle: Feb 16, 05 5:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sell pharms & medical supplies to veterinarians - from a cube.

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Real Estate Broker and investor....... and underwear model.

;-)

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My husband is a PhD in mechanical engineering and is a product mgr for a CFD software. Small world!

I'm a project manager.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm a mechanical engineer doing scientific research in computational fluid dynamics. I'm about to finish my PhD (hopefully before the training camp, LOL...)

Now I know that your forum-nick/handle is true! ;)

Mechanical Engineer, doing design & research in traction adding differentials, PHD started...

CFD rocks but it still has long ways to go. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Electronics engineer, working as a solution mgr for a multinational telecommunications company...yap, one more on the cube club!

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Re: What is your day job? [here&anon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here&anon,

Keeping up with the times here in Slowtwitch... can you talk to him to get me a job? ;-)

And Shony, it's not like I hide it, I've posted about it before. And why would I reply to this thread anyway...

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Risk manangement coordinator for a large, multi-national law firm (700 attorneys soon to become about 1,000 attorneys).

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What is your day job? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Equity rersearch analyst covering large cap pharma, specialty pharma and Biotech.

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Re: What is your day job? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day Job - Middle School Vice Principal (555 Students/60 Staff) - Don't worry I'm not the stereotypical MS VP (See Breakfast Club or Ferris Bueller's Day Off) - last year 8th graders could enter a raffle to throw pies at me (got a black eye from that) and the 6th graders got to dunk me (in a full business suit). I wanted to jump off a bungee crane in the school parking lot this year but my principal wouldn't let me.

Any other ideas?

Night Job - Fighter of Evil and Defender of the World (At least that's what my 5-year old twins and their 3-year old brother think when I go out for a night run)

regards,

B.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Engineering analyst for a large aerospace firm... we try to figure out whats going to break next before it breaks by reviewing operator logbook data.

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, I think they're looking for someone right now for their VR software. They're located near NYC.
Quote Reply
Re: What is your day job? [njmtbbg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have the winner of the raffle get their name shaved in the back of your head for a week!

Or...do you mind being bald for a while? Winner gets to be able to help shave your head.

Good job interacting with the kids!

--------
Canadian resident again 10/31/2009
Quote Reply
Re: What is your day job? [here&anon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, it snows there... nothing in Florida? Arizona? OK, California will do as well... ;-)

-

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sell advertising space and other marketing services for two trade publications (see links below) and part-time, I am the Publisher of Transitions Magazine - the newsletter for the Ontario Association of Triathletes. This latter job also involves selling advertising space.

http://www.advancedmanufacturing.com

http://www.pem-mag.com

I work in the office about half the time and the other half of the time I am out seeing clients. There is quit a bit of time on the phone grinding out calls, but it's great to be able to get out and see people in their offices or at Trade Shows or other events.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My title is Multimedia Programmer. I don't really do programming, I create interactive educational materials using tools like Director, Authorware, Photoshop, After Effects, etc. I also do small digital art jobs and some animations for our video department. I work for DSAT, Diving Science and Technology - a wholly owned subsidary of PADI, the scuba diving training & education company. And, no, I don't scuba dive as my triathlon training/expenses get in the way.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next