Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is a typical cost for a swim coach?
Quote | Reply
A collegiate swimmer is in town over the summer and is interested in giving lessons to me and my wife. However, we don't know what a good fee would be. What is a typical amount presuming the lesson is for an hour or less?

I should note that there are no swim coaches here, so I can't compare costs.

Thanks,

Eph
Quote Reply
Re: What is a typical cost for a swim coach? [EphFord] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pay $30 a month plus pool fees, and this is M-f 1.5 hours in the morning 1 hour at noon and mwf 1 hour at night. of course that is masters fee's, personal lessons may be more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
only one data point, but my wife and I paid $50 for a duo lesson a couple of months ago.

Edit: to point out that this is a guy who owns his own swim center and coaches a local high school team, so he can perhaps command a bit more than a college kid picking up a few bucks for the summer.
Last edited by: mr. mike: Jun 11, 04 14:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$50/hr is kind of the going rate around here (California). Might be a little more now.

Anyone who tells you they're as fast now as they were when they were 18...
sure wasn't very fast when they were 18.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on what you are getting. I shelled out $150 for 2 hours with an olympian turned full time coach that video taped me from above water and from in the water, then gave me specific drill sets to work on my stroke. (In heavy german accent) "Steve, de good news is dat your stroke is so bad in a few places dat we fix it easy".

6 weeks later, I am swimming MUCH better than I ever have in my life, like 10-20% improvement. Seeing yourself on video makes a huge difference.

Same coach does clinics for $100, but they take 6 hours. I wanted a shorter version, so I splurged. I will definitely go back for round 2 in August or so.

Just my experience.
Quote Reply
Re: What is a typical cost for a swim coach? [Ironstevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when i was coaching full time i was charging about 45 for an hour. I preferred to give 30 min lessons, it seemed that retention was higher and improvement better

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply