Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is Tibbs listening to today?
Quote | Reply
I know you guys are just dying to know what I have chosen to listen too today. I dug through my old tapes and came up with...

Urban Dance Squad - Mental Floss for the Globe

Information Society- Information Society

Prefab Sprout- Two Wheels Good

Danny Wilson- Meet Danny Wilson

The Sounds of Deep Ellum

Oh yeah the 80's are here for all.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: What is Tibbs listening to today? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...when I was Mary's prayer"

Ah, Danny Wilson 1985!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The good ol' 80's. It has taken twenty years for me to appreciate KISS' music when they took off the makeup in 1984. I listened to all of the stuff you speak of in that decade and missed out on all of the good KISS music of that era. But it DID take twenty years to actually appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'Bad Luck' by Social Distortion.

80s or 90s?, who knows...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: What is Tibbs listening to today? [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great choice

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs!

Who/what is on The Sounds of Deep Ellum? Coincidentally, I've been listening to Tracy Nelson (Texan by birth) today, which led to thoughts of the Texas Rangers and whether they will be even remotely competitive in '05, which led to general thoughts about living near Dallas for a couple of years in the mid 80s. So, Deep Ellum is ringing nicely in my mind right now!
Quote Reply
Re: What is Tibbs listening to today? [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'Bad Luck' by Social Distortion.

I think that was late 80's. I listen to "I Was Wrong" (from '96) by them all the time.

Tony

P.S. NPR out here in Honolulu played Handel's "Messiah" this morning, and I got to listen to it (especially the chorus) on the way into work. That song says it all about the reason for the season, if you ask me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what happened to "Pig Pickin'"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: What is Tibbs listening to today? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got it.

Quote Reply
Re: What is Tibbs listening to today? [longspur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
80's and 90's stuff. Decadent Dub Duo, New Bohemians, Javelin Boot, Jack O' Pierce, Shock Opera, Six Gun, Pop Poppins, Brave Combo (One of the greatest band out of DFW ever.), Reverend Horton Heat, and many more.

Quote Reply
Re: What is Tibbs listening to today? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bad Luck was off of "Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell" in 1992. The first SD album I bought was the one before that, the self titled album which came out in 1990. Great stuff.

In Reply To:
80's and 90's stuff. Decadent Dub Duo, New Bohemians, Javelin Boot, Jack O' Pierce, Shock Opera, Six Gun, Pop Poppins, Brave Combo (One of the greatest band out of DFW ever.), Reverend Horton Heat, and many more.

Let's see if I can guess a few more: Tripping Daisy, Toadies, Poi Dog Pondering, Course of Empire, Nixons...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeez, the only one of those with whom I'm familiar is the Reverend. Maybe it's time I expanded my horizons! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: What is Tibbs listening to today? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poi Dog, yes. Course of Empire, Yes. Nixons, no. Tripping Daisy, hells no! I'd rather listen to my daughter's N'sync Christmas.

You are a local boy.

Quote Reply
Re: What is Tibbs listening to today? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of the guys in Tripping Daisy are now in a band called The Secret Machines. I love their album. You can hear it on their website www.thesecretmachines.com. It comes on loud so turn down your speakers. It is very psychadelic too.

I dont work for them or their record company. I am just trying to pass along god music.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saw the Rev Tue night at a TINY club in Bloomington IN. They were playing an early show in Indy on Sat. If I hadn't scheduled the store Christmas party for that night, I would have been there for that one too!

Loco Grigos like to party.....ole'!

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply