Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What happened to my Garmin Edge?
Quote | Reply
So it is hot out here, and I sweat a lot. Way more than you think. When I'm in the aerobars there is almost a constant stream on my Garmin Edge. It gets so bad that sometimes the sweat acts like a touch and I'll look down at the computer and it is in the middle of swapping data fields because of the sweat.

Lately, the blue color has changed! Has anyone ever seen this before? I hoped it was some sort of setting that got changed but I think the screen is having a problem, presumably shorting out due to sweat, but the blues are all consistently changed. All the other colors are correct and everything functions normally.

Here is my wife's computer (left) next to mine on the right.

Close up of mine.

Quote Reply
Re: What happened to my Garmin Edge? [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Garmin Edge 530´s screen died last week due to sweat (ourdoor). It first became a bit more dim, then flickered a bit, then went black. Tried drying well and resetting all possible ways, and: DEAD

Seems they are not 100% water proof maybe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strangely mine was doing the exact same thing!

Luckily (or unluckily?!?) mine jettison’d off my Mtb a couple weeks ago and I couldn’t find it in the woods so I bought a new one - and I went without a touch screen (540) for this exact reason
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to my Garmin Edge? [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had that happen as well. Contact Garmin customer service - they sent me a replacement free of charge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a screen protector or case for it? It’s tough to see if there is one in the picture posted while on my phone.
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to my Garmin Edge? [thin_concrete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No screen protector
Quote Reply
Re: What happened to my Garmin Edge? [Schlomo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schlomo wrote:
I had that happen as well. Contact Garmin customer service - they sent me a replacement free of charge.

I have had three 1030’s replaced free of charge by Garmin due to water / sweat ingress behind the screen. They swap them very quickly too, no questions asked….usually the new one arrives within 4-5 days.
Quote Reply