Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What happen to Ironman University?
Quote | Reply
Been many many months since they have let anyone sign up for a course? Is it now defunct since they partnered with tridot?
Quote Reply
Re: What happen to Ironman University? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they are trying to get everyone to move to tridot.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the people who don't move over but who are IMU certified. Will they still get athletes pushed to them if they aren't using tridot?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: What happen to Ironman University? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like it's moving over to Tridot but this is coming from someone with zero inside scope other than the link my wife and I were sent included: tridot in the site name. I believe there was an article/video roughly after the IMWC (Women's) explaining how things were changing/pro staff on board (Rinny/Mark). IMU sent my wife and I emails to renew which resulted in us having to taking another course at no cost. Email basically said if you're an existing IMU coach provide your email and you can renew your certificate for free if you complete the course (approx. 1 hour) by March 30th.

Never used it as a coaching tool or to recruit people, more for personal knowledge and maybe give a tidbit of advice to a new triathlete or friend:
1) Drinking ocean water isn't going to offset salt loss.
2) Race day bike fitting adjustments don't always go well.
Last edited by: phoenix13: Feb 2, 24 16:54
Quote Reply
Re: What happen to Ironman University? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone heard anything new from the Ironman Coaching Certification?

I know they’ve had some zoom calls https://www.ironman.com/ironman-u-updates but I didn’t get a chance to watch the replays and was wondering if someone could share the latest?

I’m interested in knowing whether there’s still gonna be a certification that will be of value even if we don’t use tri-dot?

Cheers
Last edited by: tamiii: Apr 20, 24 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: What happen to Ironman University? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sent an email within the last couple of weeks with what their new certification scheme looks like, I haven't read them yet though but it looks like they have a few tiers and some sort of integration with TriDot which doesn't appeal to me.
Quote Reply