Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What do you think of Mavic Ksyirum Elite 650c's for racing?
Quote | Reply
What do you think of using a pair of Mavic Ksyirum Elite wheels in 650c for racing sprints and oly? I will put them on a Cdale tri bike (which I love) and the races I do generally have hills. I really enjoyed using the Ksyirums in 700c because of their durability and stiffness along with OK weight and aeroness. Just wondering what others think...

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses- behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I danced under those lights"- Muhammand Ali
Quote Reply
Re: What do you think of Mavic Ksyirum Elite 650c's for racing? [bryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a lot of "Ksyrim bashers" on this forum but I feel they are excellent in terms of hub quality, durability, rim qualit , reasonably light for a wheel as durable as they are and somewhat more aerodynamic than a standard round spoke wheel.

I have a set and train on them. I think they are excellent.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: What do you think of Mavic Ksyirum Elite 650c's for racing? [bryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't think of a heavier, less aerodynamic pair of wheels for $600 than Mavic's Ksyrium Elites. They have awesome hubs and are truly bombproof. If you are looking for lightweight, aerodynamic wheels (qualities that your tri wheels should have) these are not it.

Take look at:

Ritchey WCS DS
VeloMax
Shimano 7700s
HED Jet 40/60

Mavic's wheels are great training wheels, they are hands off wheels that you'll never have to touch, but I can't think of a worse $600 wheelset on hills or TTs.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: What do you think of Mavic Ksyirum Elite 650c's for racing? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom- How much difference is there between the Ksyriums and the more "dedicated" aero wheels such as Zipp, Hed ect. I looked at a pair of Reynolds wheels and can't live with tubulars that you have to remove the tires to true. Also I don't think that the improvement would be worth it to me. I average 23-26mph when racing and have not been getting faster the last couple of years (am 32) but my run has gotten better. I currently ride the stock Cdale wheels Coda Hub, CXP rim (I think) 28f, 32r. What do you think?
Quote Reply