Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What do you drink?
Quote | Reply
No, this is not alcohol related (that's coming soon). What do you drink on the ride and why? Cytomax, Accelerade, Gatorade, Perpetuum, GU2O, Powerbar, etc.

I've been doing Gatorade but I have to think that there's a better option.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you drink? [SinkCrashBonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
water

sometimes i even mix it with a splash of gatorade
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also mainly drink water. On long training rides I soemtimes drink cold coke. It means that I need to take a short stop - so I don't like doing it, but it really picks me uo like nothing else.

Before my last Ironman I drunk Gatorade for a few months as it was the drink that the race provided. But I hate the taste of it.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water at first (thirst?) then white Gatorade.

Afterwards; I like Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA (90-Minute's better, but doesn't come in a six-pack)

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water on every ride and usually a bottle of gatorade on long rides & long runs.

You can't beat the big can of gatorade powder from BJs. Cheap and tolerable.

Plus more often than not you'll be seeing Gatorade out on the course - and if you're stuck in a pinch most stores carry gatorade.

I can say that I personally have had bad experiences with Accelerade (ooooh the stomach cramps!). Other than that the other ones are take 'em or leave 'em.

jsargevt

~~~~~~~
Do or do not there is no try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hammer HEED and water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
accelerade - orange flavor, but i'm wanting to try a new drink. i think it hurts my stomach on the run. i bought it originally b/c it's not too sweet.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you drink? [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Accelerade (lemon/lime) and gatorade. The Accelerade is not too sweet but takes getting use to. On the bike I usually start with accelrade and then refill with gatorade bought along the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
30 miles or less: 1 bottle of water

30+: 1 bottle water & 1 bottle gatorade

________

70.3 is the cousin to OD........ Ironman has no relatives! -Simon Lessing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cytomax or water mixed with Nuun tabs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gatorade - because it's easiest and tasty...

Accelerade - on rides greater than three hours I'll take one bottle along with one bottle of Gatorade. Not really sure why, beyond the fact that I'm guillable and have fallen for all the protein hype. Haven't really noticed any marked improvement, and I'll probably just go back to Gatorade only, when I run out of the Accelerade.

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"this is not alcohol related (that's coming soon). "

Well hurry up. I've got a long list. :)

Seriously, mostly diluted Gatorade mixed half with water. Also a Canadian product called E-Load which is a powder you mix with water. Not sure if E-Load is available in the US?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GU2O and water, I have had bad juju with Accelerade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently started using CarboPro mixed with gatorade and water.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either water or Gatorade with added salt. Adding a few dashes of salt to powdered Gatorade is cheaper than trying to find and buy Gatorade Endurance.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gatorade.

Available everywhere plus at most races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For training 90 minutes and under.........usually just water. For over I use water and sports drink. This year I've been using Amino Vital (pretty weak), mixed with 2 - 4 scoops of carbo pro per bottle (1-2) - tastes like lemonade. For rides over 3 hrs, unless it really cool out, I usually fill a camel back with ice & water (keeps is so nice and cold!), and a couple bottles of Amino Vital and Carbo Pro.

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply
Re: What do you drink? [FooFighterFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cherry Kool Aid or water. Don't know how I got into the habit. The exercise phys majors are probably horrified but it seems to do the trick and it tastes good too! :)
Quote Reply
Re: What do you drink? [trigeek2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I'm an ex phys major! Serious question: isn't Kool Aid just sucrose and flavor/color? if so, that makes it no different from gatorade.

(see, we're not all bad :-)

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Re: What do you drink? [JoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been trying to justify it along those lines. Gatorade even watered down gets too acid like for me. The Kool Aid seems to go down a whole lot better and I think what is most important is just getting the liquid down. (Even more important with all the heat and humidity in my neck of the woods.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a fairly touchy stomache. Although I can keep most things down on the bike without problems running is usually an issue.

I have tried, Acclerade...death to accelerade, Cytomax, grape and peach...worked well but the flavor was just a skosh off for me, PowerAid...cramps death, Gatoraide...some stomache upset under high intensity.

So currently I'm using GU20 Lime which seems to work well, but is not all that sweat. I like sweat so I add just a bit of Gatorade adn so far this has worked well.

I mix it more dilute and add salt/Endurolytes on hot days. For Long Rides I mix it strong and add carbo pro and drink water with every drink of the mixture.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whilst in the US last year I bought some GU gels and GU2O, I am now a convert, pity we can't get it in the UK.

When my bike arrives at Trizilla there will be a few tubs of each in the box making its way across the pond

Trizilla...My local bike shop a few thousand Ks away

Speed Hurts ...How fast do you want to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week I rode Cheese Country Hell Week in southwest Wisconsin (http://www.hellweek.com/) We stopped in the last town with a tavern for a beer on nearly every ride - usually with something like 10-20 miles to go. I was amazed at how much better I usually felt after the beer. Maybe those Paris-Brest-Paris guys who drink beer at every control are on to something :-)
Last edited by: gonzobob: Jun 24, 05 14:02
Quote Reply
Re: What do you drink? [trigeek2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
acidity is an excellent point. I have no data to back this up (so maybe some nutritionists can chip in), but I figure increasing blood acidity by drinking Gatorade is not a good thing in light of the fact that blood becomes more acidic with exercise anyways. Plus, acid itself is bad for your teeth.

Josef

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next