Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What Size P3C Do you Own? How tall R U?
Quote | Reply
I am seeking info attempting to purchase a P3C but don't know what size I need. HELP! Odd sizes are making this difficult

Thanks In Advance!
Quote Reply
Re: What Size P3C Do you Own? How tall R U? [maxhr203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 58. I am 6'2''. I would definitely not use this information to try to decide which size to buy from an online store. Maybe the "odd size" P3C is not for you. Don't make the bike fit you, there are too many other quality bikes out there which could fit you if the P3C does not. Don't make the mistake of buying on impulse and regretting it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope by odd sizes you don't mean all the nonsense about measured dimensions and real dimensions is getting to you. Just stick to the dimensions listed on the site and everything will work out fine. If you are more comfortable figuring out the size of a "more normal" Cervelo Dual with a straight seattube, then just do that. And then get the same size P3C, as they basically fit the same, the only difference is the connection from bottom bracket to saddle is zig zag instead of straight.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: What Size P3C Do you Own? How tall R U? [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also 6'2" and riding a 58. (34" pant inseam)

I am riding mine really steep (~79 deg's) and if I wanted to ride shallow I would have to ride the 56".

"The more you sweat today, the less you bleed tomorrow"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5-11 and ride a 56 in the forward position.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'10 and ride a 54 with the saddle in the forward position. I went through the same sizing issues before I went the 54. I would recommend getting on at least two different sizes of the bike to compare. On the 56 I was too stretched out and would have required a very short stem.
Quote Reply
Re: What Size P3C Do you Own? How tall R U? [bigred3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmhtx and bigred 3

what size stem are you on and do you know your torso mesurement?

Thanks for the great input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any other thoughts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know my torso, but I have 100mm stem and longish arms.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'2' and ride a 58 P3C and a 58 Dual. I rode two sizes of the P3C (56, 58) before I bought one. I ride a 60 cm road bike and really never was comfortable. I was worried that the 58cm would be too small until I rode it. Both 58cm Cervelos are the most comfortable bikes that I have ever ridden. I hope that this helps with your decision. From my experience, these are great bikes but do test rides before purchasing if you can (such as Nytro's fly-and-ride program).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'9.5" -54cm w/11cm stem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'10 - 30" inseam (pant size, not actual) - 54 cm P3C with 90mm stem. Love it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5 feet 10 inches...54 cm P3C...i ride with setapost forward...i would not go any bigger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am the happy owner of a 2002 P3, 61 cm, the largest they make. I am 6' 6" w/37" inseam. It took a little while, but I am very comfortable on it. Have done 2 IM's (#3 in 10 days) and many other races on it. Hope this helps.

Ben
Quote Reply
Re: What Size P3C Do you Own? How tall R U? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know what would rock?

A 650c 51cm P3C.

I ride an aluminum 51cm P3 now and would love to upgrade to the carbon version. Alas... not possible with 650c wheels.

Is the P2C going to have a 51/650c version?
Quote Reply
Re: What Size P3C Do you Own? How tall R U? [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for all the input
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both the P2C or P3C will have 700c wheels in the 51cm size. I'm sorry that doesn't seem to work for you.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's too bad. Why?
Is this to cater to the roadie TT market rather than the triathlon market?
A bike that small just works better in 650c wheels (IMO).
I guess I'll have to buy a QR Lucero if I want a carbon bike.
Last edited by: synchronicity: Oct 26, 05 12:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'11" - 54cm P3C with a 90mm stem. Such a sweet ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, it doesn't have anything to do with the road market, it really has to do with the tri market. Demand for 640c in that size has really dropped off the earth, it's not something we're driving, we're just responding. People jut aren't buying 650c bikes in that size anymore, whether they should or not. And BTW, there is no wheel/toe overlap on any 51cm P3C or P2C that I have ever seen.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5' 10 1/2" 172 lbs size 54, 90mm stem. My P3 was a 54 too, w/ 650 wheels.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok.. just bought my ticket for the $40M 6/49 draw today. If I win, i'm going commission you guys to build me a 51cm 650c P3C!

I'm blaming poor 650c sales on Slowman for announcing the premature death of 650c in one of his articles a year or two ago.

Thanks as always for your responses gerard.. one of the reasons I ride Cervelo now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just measured my torso (from crotch to notch) it is 23 3/8. BTW, you called the sizing "odd." I have found the Cervelo sizing to be the most true to size of any bike I have had....so, what are you talking about?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: What Size P3C Do you Own? How tall R U? [benhawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben,

Do you feel you are pushing the limits on this bike? I am 6'5" with only a 34" inseam so I always figured I would run out of cockpit space.

[Ben Hawn wrote:]I am the happy owner of a 2002 P3, 61 cm, the largest they make. I am 6' 6" w/37" inseam. It took a little while, but I am very comfortable on it. Have done 2 IM's (#3 in 10 days) and many other races on it. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply

Prev Next